Horrible people in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible people in the world

Out on our walk today Skye went over to sniff a wee yorkie like most dogs do to say hello and all that stuff. The elderly owner of the yorkie turned round and KICKED Skye in the face
    Totally shocked by the events I asked him what on earth that was for, he then started shouting and swearing at me with language even I wouldn't use and I have been known to use so colourful language in the past.
    Skye in no way was threatening to the wee dog, she didn't bark or growl or anything. She just wanted to say hello and see if the wee dog wanted to play.
    He gave no explanation as to why he kicked her other than to tell me to F%&k off.
    Thankfully Skye is fine. I on the other hand am really pissed off (not sure I am ok to say that so can edit it out if needed)
    How we he like it if I kicked his dog, not that I ever would. I phoned the police to report it and they were totally uninterested as she is "just a dog"
    I honestly dont think I have ever been this angry in a long time. I had no idea some people could be so nasty to a dog while clearly being a dog person as he had a dog himself.

WTF? I have never hit anyone in my life but I swear had he not been an old man I may have punched him!
    Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Re: Horrible people in the world

You know what? I probably would have kicked him! I would have wound up in jail, but I have a very bad temper when pushed. And I can use more colorful language than him - any day! Thank goodness you kept your cool! He's one of the reasons I hang out with dogs!

I'm glad Skye is okay. Having been in Edinborough and walking around the streets, everyone I met was friendly and let me talk with their dogs! It's always one AS_ that messes up the day.

Comment

Oh Allison, I'm so glad Skye is ok. You have to wonder how he treats his little Yorkie
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by diggydog View Post
        Out on our walk today Skye went over to sniff a wee yorkie like most dogs do to say hello and all that stuff. The elderly owner of the yorkie turned round and KICKED Skye in the face
        Totally shocked by the events I asked him what on earth that was for, he then started shouting and swearing at me with language even I wouldn't use and I have been known to use so colourful language in the past.
        Skye in no way was threatening to the wee dog, she didn't bark or growl or anything. She just wanted to say hello and see if the wee dog wanted to play.
        He gave no explanation as to why he kicked her other than to tell me to F%&k off.
        Thankfully Skye is fine. I on the other hand am really pissed off (not sure I am ok to say that so can edit it out if needed)
        How we he like it if I kicked his dog, not that I ever would. I phoned the police to report it and they were totally uninterested as she is "just a dog"
        I honestly dont think I have ever been this angry in a long time. I had no idea some people could be so nasty to a dog while clearly being a dog person as he had a dog himself.

WTF? I have never hit anyone in my life but I swear had he not been an old man I may have punched him!

Allison,

All I can say is I wish I had been there.............we could have given him a karate chop

What a nasty piece of work.......he doesn't deserve a dog.
        Poor Skye I hope she is all right.

Give her a hug for me

Margaret
        Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

oh Allison....I would have had a few choice words !!!!

So glad Skye is alright. Give her a few tummy tickles for me.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Glad Syke is alright. I would have used some prime language on the old dude myself! Nobody is going to harm one of my dogs and get away with it and I don't care how old they are!

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

I must admit to telling him he should be muzzled and not allowed out the house if thats the way he behaves but in all honestly the whole incident really shocked me as its not something I have ever has to deal with before. I keep trying to make sense of it all. Maybe he was scared Skye was going to hurt his dog but then he could have just picked his dog up or something and nothing about her behaviour was aggressive towards his dog and he would have known that having a dog himself!
              I have sat all day long going over and over it and thinking the world really is full of nasty people but after reading all your nice comments it restores your faith in humans.
              Skye is fine but totally using me feeling sorry for her to its full advantage. She is one smart wee dog!

Margaret - If I am ever in a fight ur the first person I am going to call on and on that note not so sure I ever want to get on the wrong side of you and ur karate chop
              Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Wow... he'd have gotten an earful from me alright!

I came across some girls years ago who used to exercise two big German shepherds by rollerblading! The dogs lunged at mine and in response, once the dog stopped dragging the rollerblader who he probably outweighed by 20 pounds, the girl kicked the dog with her rollerblade for doing what dogs do instead of kicking herself for having them in a totally uncontrollable situation... I was livid and let her have it (but managed not to swear).

I'm curious - were both dogs off leash?

Our diabetic, Chris, was the mellowest dog in the world and I never worried when he greeted dogs he didn't know. But now with Jack, who has some pretty significant fear aggression issues, I live in terror of unleashed dogs running up to us.

Jack is always on a leash and a Gentle Leader head harness so I have really good control of him and we steer clear of people and dogs to avoid problems. Works great until a dog is off leash. And one being on leash and the other off makes the situation ten times worse because the dog on leash is trapped and unable to get away from what scares him so he's more likely to resort to aggression.

So I'm in a BAD situation if an unleashed dog who isn't under an owner's control comes tearing up to us.

The other problem is owners whose dogs are on leash but who apparently do not understand very dramatic body language saying STAY AWAY FROM US!!!! LOL I'm back pedaling, reining Jack in, making a wide circle around them and they just keep comin'!

So it is tough for us to get Jack out to safely get some exercise.

Is Skye definitely okay? Is she sore where she got kicked?

Natalie

Comment

Let's assume he isn't all there because old or not, if he had kicked my dog in the face he would have gotten walloped and good!
                  Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Natalie,
                    That off leash situation almost happened to us last week. I was walking Ali to the mailbox and a teenager came out of his house, got in the car, and pulled out of the driveway. After he left, I realized he hadn't pulled their door completely closed and a cat was circling the doorway.

We were just passing on the sidewalk across the street. Ali didn't see the cat, but after we were passed I noticed a black large to medium build dog come out of the house. It was between our house and where we were at the mailbox.

Ali does not take well to dogs that run up and get in her face and I didn't know this dog, what it would do, and the owners weren't home. We managed to walk a bit farther and circle around the back side of the houses to get home (with a german shepherd jumping to see over his fence as we rounded the corner!). But I was nervous because I hadn't tested Ali to know where her bg was before we left. I had a small packet of honey in my pocket, but was hoping she was following pattern that day. A walk to the mailbox that time of day is usually no big deal, but we were having to go further to avoid this dog.

I got her home. Her bg was fine. And went back to corral the loose pets. A teenage neighbor girl had already caught the dog and when I told her which house I saw him come out of, she closed the door as he ran inside. Whew.

But I so hate encountering loose dogs or dogs that the owners obviously have no control over...or parents that let their kids walk the dog and the dog weighs more than they do!

Patty
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Skye & his dog were both off leash. I keep Alfie on his leash at ALL times as he can be fear aggressive at times. He didn't even seem to noticed the wee dog!
                      The totally crazy thing about it all was his wee dog wagged its tail and was pleased to see Skye
                      I have been doing obedience with Skye since she was a pup and we are also now doing agility so she is used to being around other dogs and good at picking up when to stay away! Its not even like she ran at the dog or anything, she starts wagging her tail when she sees another dog and her whole back end waggs so she cant even walk very fast towards another dog never mind run at it!
                      She did let out a huge yelp when he kicked her so I was so sure she was really hurt but she is not even tender or anything so I think the yelp was more to do with the fright she got more than pain. I keep prodding and poking at her just to make sure she is ok which she now seems to think is a new game we are playing and does her wee happy dance

Natalie - I know exactly what its like to steer round potential problems. Alfie can be more than a handful at times. I dont like him being on leash all the time as I know he loves to run around but its just the way it has to be at times. My dad has an old farm (no animals on it anymore) and there are no other houses or roads for miles around him and thats where I take Alfie for some off leash run around!
                      Last edited by diggydog; 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Oh, Allison, I'm so sorry you and Skye ran into this horrible, horrible guy! The old man must be REALLY sick. I have a neighbor rather like that, and stay as far away from him as I can get.

He's younger, but seems to be on crack, constantly drunk, has no dog but wants to pet mine. I was out walking Camellia one day, a neighbor had joined us (one of my favorite neighbors) ,and this guy talked about patting Camellia, and started toward her. I said, NO, and put my hand up like a traffic cop - but he kept coming, totally determined - probably didn't even hear me, nor notice my signal.

So I yelled at him, and actually dragged Camellia a little distance to get OUT of this guy's way; he's totally unpredictable, and could easily kick a dog, including Camellia, including right in front of me.

Poor Camellia! I apologized to her.

We have numbers of neighbors who let their dogs run loose, some without collars or tags. I carry a spare leash in my pocket. Last time I donated my spare leash - but expected to get it back, though I said, no hurry to return it - but when no hurry turned out to be over a year, I just got a replacement spare leash, and those people dropped to near the bottom of the heap of my least-favorite neighbors.

I've had people attempt to assist by removing their dogs (this was in the Kwali-Kumbi years), and I've stood quietly while they did that, and then astounded them by calling out my praise for a job well done. I hopt that praise helped them do better in other such situations. I am responsible for MY dog(s), but cannot baby-sit THEIRS as well!

The man who kicked Skye appears to be irreparable. Not even worthy of the name beast.

I'm so glad Skye is okay - do keep checking her the next couple of days!

Love and hugs, licks and wags, from all of us, Bridgely and Earthly.

Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:13:36 (PST)
                        http://www.coherentdog.org/
                        CarolW

Comment

It's a huge challenge - one we try to avoid as much as possible. Fortunately we have a very large park nearby with big stretches of open space and then we use a long lead - usually 30 feet.

Jack totally lacks the self-control to ever be off-leash even if he didn't have fear aggression problems. One squirrel or rabbit and he would be GONE.

Natalie

Comment

Allison, I just caught with this thread. How horrible that a human being would be so cruel and makes you wonder about society. That poor little Yorkie is probably not well socialized and his master doesn't deserve to have a furry friend.

Glad Alfie is OK. I peaked at your album and he is so cute and looks like a playful little guy.

Hate to say it but I probably would have ended up as uncivilized as that man and would have kicked him back.

Louise

Comment

Well, I'm an old codger myself and thought me rowdy days were long gone, but if I saw a man kick a dog for no apparent reason , one of us would most likely hit the ground and could possibly be me, but I'd get a lick in.

If it happened to be my dog he kicked...?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X