Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Patty, I am fairly new to this site. I have been reading this thread & bawling. It brings back so many memories of the precious ones I have lost & left behind over the years. It is never easy. Hope another special pup will cross you path, & bring you new special experiences, helping fill the void Ali left. They are all unique & bring us such joy!
Wishing you the best in you new home.
Have a safe & happy move.
Elaine & Abbie
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Thanks Barb and Bill. Holli, sounds like Kinser may have a new friend in the neighborhood.

Anne-Marie, the moving process is hard. I feel for you going through it too. We will likely move sometime in July (of course when it's the hottest time of year ).

Oh I didn't remember Chris was rabbit crazy, Natalie. I did know Jack was, LOL. Ali would stare through the window. Then lick her lips, come find me, and jump back up to stare out the window...then she'd jump down go to the door...back to the window... Then if the rabbit left, she'd go check all the other widows to see if she could find it anywhere. All of this was no problem until diabetes...then the bgs had a little fun with this process!

Thank you Peggy.

Elaine, thank you so much. I need to catch up on your Abbie's thread.

I've been so behind after having been gone. Going to take me awhile to get caught up!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Ha-Ha! I knew Ali would be too much of a lady to cause a ruckus.

Nice to have you back on Patty. Moving again in July? How do you do it? I never even change my furniture around.

Tara
Old 05-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Came across these videos today and had to laugh. Our "lip stick test" was not a 1 take video back in 2010. She clearly was happy Tim was home and wanted to see him, NOT sit for another blood sugar test, LOL. I love the tail wag in take 2. http://www.youtube.com/user/DiabeticCanine

And, I miss those beautiful eyes of hers.

Patty
Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Founding Member

you can tell she wanted to go to tim.

i think the tail wags and those soul searching eyes can put anyone in a good mood
Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Founding Member

aw beautiful Ali who loved her Dad, cute video Patty!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM

Oh I LOVE it! Seeing her ogle Tim is one thing, but when you finally give up with "This is not working.... I laughed outright.

I have been thinking I should take some videos of Ruby lately. Inspiration

Right now I have to go outside thou as my son is trying to free a hula hoop he got stuck in the trees. He'll probably end up breaking a neighbor's window when all is said and done.

Tara
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 PM

That totally cracked me up!!! Those eyes and the swift tail sweep!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Hahaha loved it!! Watched it 4 times!! She really wanted nothing to do with the lip stick at all

Sandy
Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 PM

LOL, made me laugh too. And such technical terms from me like the Softclix "clicker."

I found another of Tim playing/teasing Ali with her ball on the couch I will try to upload as well.

They make me smile, but I swear I'd just like to run my hands through that silky hair again. Today I pulled into the Kohl's parking lot and got out of the car to notice the vehicle next to me had an 'I heart Goldens' magnet on it. I wanted to say Me too!