• Show
Clear All

• Re: Diabetes/Leg Problems/Sores

He is on Novolin N right now.

Comment

How is Dutch doing?
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Hi everybody,

Dutch went to sleep yesterday for his final time. He was my best friend and has been for half of my life.
        Thanks for all your help for giving me the information on diabetes.

- Timothy

Comment

Dutch had quite a few challenges but you stayed on top of them the best you can

i am sure he was a total joy for you . glad he decided to stay with you helping for awhile until it was to move on
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

So very sorry for the loss of Dutch - you did great with so many challenges and Dutch appreciated it all, I am sure.

Run free sweet Dutch!
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
              Dutch went to sleep yesterday for his final time
              This statement is so peaceful and beautiful. Dutch was lucky to share more than half his life with you as you were lucky to have him by your side. My condolences on his loss and prayers that time and memories will bring you comfort.

Holli
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

• Re: Sweet Dutch has passed December 6, 2015

April 20, 2012: Hello this is my first post. My dog is Dutch and he is a Rottweiler. He is 8 years old and was diagnosed with diabetes in October 2011.
                I am so sorry to hear of Dutch's passing. Despite the many challenges you two faced, you obviously did great together with him having made it well past 11.

I had a cat who I "grew up" with - first pet as an adult living on my own. Her passing was particularly painful so I know how difficult this is for you.

Dutch was a beloved friend - that's the most important thing to a dog and an incredible gift to him. Sending a kiss skyward to him...

Natalie

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Dutch.

Jake
                  13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                  At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

I'm so sorry. I know you loved him a lot.
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Dutch, Timothy. You were a selfless caregiver for your friend, which I'm sure he knew.

My deepest condolences to you, and Godspeed to Dutch.
                      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I'm sorry for the loss of Sweet Dutch. He was a good dog and you were his special friend and caretaker.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

I like this:

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                          Dutch was a beloved friend - that's the most important thing to a dog
                          It is what every dog wishes for...and you gave that to him Timothy.
                          You two sure had you share of struggles but you were each other's strength.

Although the memories of a younger happier time may be awhile in coming, they will bring you comfort when they do come.

Tara
                          Tara in honor of Ruby.
                          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Dear friend - I weep with you over your loss'
                            Together maybe he and my ES maggie, a new angel also, will find happiness til we meet up with them at the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs, bobbi kilgore, ES willie and my Angel Maggiemay

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X