Sweet Scoop has passed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Pug Scoop-diabetes and Cushing's

Thank you everyone. I need to ask for more prayers. Scoop is going to have surgery this morning. I am so scared. The MRI revealed he has something in his middle ear. It is either infection or a tumor. I pray everything will go well and he will be fine but we might not know for days till after the pathology report comes back. I wish I could be there holding him right now.

Scoop, you are loved so very much.
    Vicki- Scoop and Raleigh's mom
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Comment

Vicki,
      Holding you and Scoop in my prayers. Let us know how he's doing!
      Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

praying for scoop for a positive outcome
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

sending you all sorts of positive vibes!!!!
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

really hoping it is an infection. hugs
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Contining prayers and hoping that Scoop pulls through just fine.
              Last edited by Abby's Mom; 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM.
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Sending prayers and good thoughts for Scoop. (((hugs)))

Jake
                13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Adding to the continued prayers and positive thoughts.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by scoora View Post
                    Thank you everyone. I need to ask for more prayers. Scoop is going to have surgery this morning. I am so scared. The MRI revealed he has something in his middle ear. It is either infection or a tumor. I pray everything will go well and he will be fine but we might not know for days till after the pathology report comes back. I wish I could be there holding him right now.

Scoop, you are loved so very much.
                    Vicki- Scoop and Raleigh's mom
                    Hoping and praying things went well for Scoop.

A few months back, Otis had a ear problem involving a "lump" way down in his ear canal. First ear problem we've had for several years. This one took quite a while to resolve.

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/show...t=2607&page=23
                    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Any news on Scoop?
                      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Vicki,
                        How did surgery go?
                        Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thank you so very much everyone. Scoop's surgery went OK. He came home Saturday 11/17/12. Don't have all the results yet. I was optomistic for a few days but now I'm not. Scoop's eyesight is gone. Now he has a corneal ulcer. My Scoop has so many problems and now more. His pituitary tumor has me so worried and scared. I'll be back later with more.
                          Vicki-Scoop and Raleigh's mom
                          Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Comment

Vicki I'm so sorry to hear this. hugs, Judi
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thank you so very much everyone. Scoop's surgery went OK. He came home Saturday 11/17/12. Don't have all the results yet. I was optomistic for a few days but now I'm not. Scoop's eyesight is gone. Now he has a corneal ulcer. My Scoop has so many problems and now more. His pituitary tumor has me so worried and scared. I'll be back later with more.
                              Otis had corneal ulcers in both eyes shortly after diagnosis. We think he walked into some holly bushes as his vision was failing. The good news on that situation is the eyes healed rapidly using the antibiotics the doc prescribed.

As you know, Pugs, and other bug eyed dogs. lead with their eyeballs as they have no long snout to rub interference for them. Now, I try to keep O away from anything that could cause an eye injury.

We're hoping and praying the Scoop's test results will be encouraging.
                              Last edited by farrwf; 11-23-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

My Scoop has so many problems and now more. His pituitary tumor has me so worried and scared.
                                Vicki,

I'm glad to hear Scoop's surgery went well and am praying that when all the results are in they will be ok. I understand all too well about having a dog with multiple health issues and the worry that accompanies it. One can feel pretty helpless and frightened at times.

I continue to hold you and Scoop in my thoughts and prayers. Wish there was more that I could do. Just know that you are not alone.

Louise
                                Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Working...
                                X