Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Cairn diagnosed Feb 1 2018 -problems so far

Thanks Amydunn for your reply.j
    Your Maggie sounds like she has an improved disposition too? My Katelyn got cataracts right after the diabetes diagnose/insulin injections much like your dog. It seems like my dog is depressed that she can't see, hangs around a lot a mopes, sleeps a lot too. Teeth cleaning went well.
    Now two more tests, geeez how many more tests do they do before surgery? Wondering if the surgery will ever be done? Hopefully in the next few months she can have the surgery. I'm really not understanding why they can't do these tests within a few weeks and couple them together? Something I must be missing? Thanks for your replies. I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Re: My Cairn diagnosed Feb 1 2018 -problems so far

It depends on the surgeon. Maggie’s eye doctor didn’t do many tests at all and her diabetes was far from regulated. He was the best surgeon in the area and he had done so many I guess he felt comfortable. He taught at a vet school as well, so he was very well versed.

Maggie had separation anxiety that went back years. Maggie was abused as a puppy - she had been purchased by a family who kept her in a crate most of the day and then left her there for four days without food or water when they went out of town. She chewed her leg and injured herself trying to get out, so they took her to the vet (who also was the breeder’s vet). He promptly called the breeder and told her to get her puppy back. She did and called to give her to me. She called her my reclamation project. Maggie could not tolerate being keep in a crate or kennel, even at the vet’s office. That is why I think blindness was so hard for her, even though I constantly talked to her, and eventually carried her around until her surgery. Most dogs don’t react so strongly but knowing her the way I did, I had very low hopes of her adjusting well.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
      X