Hot Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Spot

Just noticed a large hot spot on Jake's rear thigh. He hasn't had one in years. Just wondering if the diabetes will make it harder to clear up. If I remember right, I had to take him to the vet for his last one because it seemed to spread like a wild fire.

Jake
    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Re: Hot Spot

Zoe licks herself into hot spots, from anxiety and from food allergies. Does jake have food allergies?
    Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Have you tried a (cooled down) used tea bag? Franklin hasn't had one since being diabetic, but a tea bag 3-4 times a day for a few days used to do the trick.
      Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

Sounds awful because it's powder to a wound but I had people swear by Gold Bond medicated Body powder. I tried it on Ali years ago and just poofed a bit on the hot spot. The zinc in it seems to clear it up.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
        X