Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steph and Pallie

Steph and Pallie are here!

Pallie's hanging tough. I'm taking her to the vet today to check another believed-to-be lipoma. Otherwise she's hanging in there pretty good.

Hope everyone had a great Easter/Passover.

Re: Stephanie and Pallie

Hi Stephanie,

I was curious - do you have all lumps checked out by your vet. I wish I did, but I stopped having them checked when they kept saying they were benign. Wylie now has tons of these fatty tumors - been getting them for the last 3 years, with new ones popping up all the time - small ones, big ones, round ones, long ones... I showed the last new one I found (in his right armpit) to a vet (not his regular vet) and she just assumes its benign. Does your vet get a sample of each lump?

Just curious, I kinda don't want to deal with ANOTHER thing.

Good luck with the check-up.

-Susy

Comment

Re: Steph and Pallie

Hello to Steph and the Wonder-Corgi,

Bettin on a fatty tumor

sure wish fat was worth something

Comment

I wish doggie pee was worth something!
        -Susy

Comment

I hear ya Scott on the fatty tumors. I could make a fortune between my two geriatric schnauzers. I try to get the biggest bang for my buck so when they have their teeth cleaned is when they get them looked at and removed if necessary.

My Annie (she's ONLY 14) had one last time that the vet said was unlike anything he'd ever seen. He was concerned it was cancerous. It was a lipoma with a cyst on top of it. Double whammy. They cut all around it to be sure it was nothing. Poor gal had multiple layers of stitches.

Comment

Bettin on a fatty tumor

sure wish fat was worth something
            I'm not sure it isn't worth something. What about that Beverley Hills Bio Deisel? (http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2008/1...aste-into.html)

Hey just realized - I could be sitting on a fortune here!

Alison

Comment

Hi all!
              Good to see you here!

I don't get every bump checked. This particular one was very very close to her mammary area. Even though she's a spayed virgin, I wanted to make sure it was benign fat and also that it wasn't going to cause any problems in that area. And being that she's atypical with elevated sex hormones, I had no idea how that played in.
              Thankfully, it's just another lipoma. My vet aspirated it just to make sure. And thankfully he said it won't cause any problems if and when it gets bigger since it's bound to grow.
              When I found it on Saturday I was fairly sure it was fat, but the location made me want to check it out.

I wish her lipomas could lead the country to oil independence. hee hee. ;-)

Comment

Steph;
                I am glad it was lypoma. Not sure if it the old dogness or the cushingsness but I tell you, if Nike didnt have all her lypomas she would weigh about 10 lbs less. The vet laughs that it is as good thing she has one big one one each of her sides or she would topple over He has all of hers maped, and he checks her over every time we go in and counts them. she has so many anymore I have lost count, He will ask me as he is examining her if he finds one if this is a new one? when she had one or 2 I could answer now she has 10 or 20 couldnt tell ya. If he has not maped it, he will aspirate it to check it out. Nike has some close to or on her mammory glands as well. Hey we need to write Obama and give him this idea, we dont need the stinken alaska pipline we have lypomas.......

Good luck
                Sharon
                Last edited by ventilate; 04-13-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: typing at same time

Comment

I should have mapped hers out like you did. That's a great idea. They are all pretty much cataloged in my head, but I should have made a treasure map. She has at least a dozen, one of which is quite large.

Comment

Hi Steph,

So glad it was just more FAT!! And I know you are relieved to find that out as well.

We may be on to something here with the fat and supplying energy needs! Goodness knows, I can contribute enough for a small country myself! And I'm not nearly as well balanced as Niki!

Hugs,
                    Leslie and the girls
                    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
                    and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Hi Steph,

That's great - it's just fat! I don't have Wylie's mapped either. I tried looking for a simple drawing to use, couldn't find one on the internet, but I think my vet has one. If I get a copy, I'll try to post it. He has so many of them, I'll probably have to enlarge the drawing to fit them all in!!

-Susy

Comment

Lord! I'm glad no one is mapping my fat!
                        "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
                        and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Hey Pallie and Steph, glad to hear everything is Great.

I could host a "party fatty tumor".... or just contribute to the oil independence....

My vet has mapped and measure every bump on my Truffa's body, sometimes I swear to him that she is loosing weight , but the growing fatty tumors are the ones to blame for her gain weight..... obviously Truffa sniffing his white pockets and begging next to his cookie jars totally obliterates my pity excuses...

But thanks to my stubborness and obsessiveness in checking -measuring and absorbing samples - every old and new bump, that's how we found two mast cells, and for my surprise they were the "pretty and small ones that were mast cells.... so my advice : keep on doing the oil exploration.

Marcela & The Choco Labs

Comment

so my advice : keep on doing the oil exploration.
                            Great advice!!!!

Comment

Hey Steph...

So no money tree but we have oil?????

I have started calling Bailey "Lumpy Bumpy"...one of his many names...

Poor Bailey....

Love ya! Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

Comment

Working...
                              X