River didn't make it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: River didn't make it...

One year. One whole year ago today, my world shattered. I still can't believe he's gone. How is that even possible that its been that long? I miss him every second of every day. I miss the way he snuggled up to me at night. I miss the way his little stub wagged when I came home from work. I miss the way he would watch out the window for me every day. I miss the way he gave me hugs and puppy kisses. I miss the way he would chase his foot. I miss how excited he would get to go for a ride in the car. I miss giving him belly rubs. I miss teasing him with a laser pointer. I miss telling him to 'get the kitty!' and watching him go nuts looking for a non existant cat. I miss him letting me carry him around like a baby. I miss him thinking he was tough and barking at people walking down the street. All these simple little things just go through my mind all day. Those are the things I miss most about him.
    I want to thank each and every one of you for your support. You guys and your sweet sugar babies are one of the very few things that have kept me somewhat sane through this past year. I hope you're all well.
    I love you Rivie Roo! I can't wait to see you again someday.

Comment

Thinking of your today, Brooke. Glad you've stuck around and shared some of River's life with us. Love the favorite memories. Those favorites are what make it so difficult when they are gone. Hugs to you!
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I'm sure glad you've stuck around too Brooke. I can't believe it has been a year. hugs to your Rivie up in heaven.

All these sweet dogs who are no longer with us.
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Brooke
          I am new here...and I read your post of your loss.....

So sorry, and sad to read your of your lost connection with your dog, and the places you miss your little one.

blessings to you

Comment

I can't believe it's been a whole year either Brooke. You two had a special bond. That kind of loss always hovers just under the surface. Sending you virtual hugs from across the web. Until you meet again...

BTW...love "get the kitty!"

Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Brooke,

Can't believe it has been a whole year, and feel your loss. So glad that you have stayed in touch with all of us..

Hugs,
              Barb
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a very emotional day, to say the least.
                On a lighter note, I did upload a few pics of Lulu finally, for those who asked! And a couple of Archer too, since its been a while, haha.

Comment

Your pictures are just Adorable, Brooke!
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

you just want to squeeze there faces
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

great pics - adorable babies!
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Wonderful tribute to River
                        Glad you stayed here with us
                        Jj
                        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Adorable photos - a couple of very cute pups you have there!
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                          X