Merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and also at this time to give thanks to all of you on this forum. Everyday people offer their advice and experience to help others from the goodness in their heart. Isn't that what Christmas is all about, to pay forward, to help those in need. It is so we can all have healthy pups for as long as they are on this earth.

For those that have lost theirs this year, or in years past, I know that you carry them, as we all do in our hearts, and they will never be forgotten. We all share in the sorrow, as well as the exhilaration of finally pulling it all together and getting that balance right. For those that have theirs this year... give them an extra hug, and enjoy each and every day you have them.

I especially want to thank all of you, and let you know that I have Abby another year, because of YOU!

Merry Christmas,
    Barb
    Last edited by Abby's Mom; 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM.
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Re: Merry Christmas

well said barb

its not just the medical and symptomatic part of our precious pups but the spiritual knowing there is something more than just our place in this world and that holds true for them also

time is short measured in a blink of eye

i do think this forum looks so much deeper than just the physical which is quite enlightening and a privilege to be able to participate

merry Christmas to all and yes thanks for all the help
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Beautifully said, Barb

Merry Christmas to all, and thanks to everyone for helping out with Franklin, and the other pups. I learn so much from reading along
      Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

Ditto. Happy Holidays Everyone and thanks so much for all of your help!

Judi, A very fiesty Jenny, and Ranger
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Agree with all the others...this forum offers so much more above and beyond canine diabetes. The support and encouragement, in addition to the great advice, I'd be lost without all of you!

In late October, early November we were not sure Decker would see Thanksgiving, yet alone Christmas this year. Thanks to all of you our Christmas miracle has come true! Words can't express my gratitude!

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Holiday season surrounded by loved ones here and the spirit of those who have gone on to the heavens.

Last edited by momofdecker; 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM.
          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Happy Holidays to All! Let us hope for peace and love in 2013.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Hi all!

My 8 year old kids at school learned a new twist on an old song this week. We have so many different religious beliefs at our school and a lot of the kids do not celebrate Christian holidays like most of us do. Sung to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", it may not be new, but I've never heard it before.

We wish you you a Merry Christmas,
              We wish you a Happy Hanukkah,
              We wish you a Merry Kwanza,
              And a Happy New Year!

Good tidings we bring,
              To you and your friends,
              We wish you Happy Holidays
              and a Happy New Year!

We had a very difficult time going back to school on Monday. My heart bleeds for all the families in Newtown, CT. I hope that God gives them the strength and peace to go on.

Linda and Ladybug

Comment

Merry christmas to everyone and their babies.

It's been a long, hard year but I'm hoping the new year will bring peace and love to us all. Hoping for peace, health, and comfort for all of our fur babies (cats, too!) the ones still with us and those who have passed.

I want to express how very thankful I am to have had you all in my life and to share the laughter and tears just as I would with "real" friends. You are all such great, caring people. We need more of those these days!

The cushings site has a link to virtual candle lighting and I will be lighting a candle for my Casey and nibbles. Maybe we can also post the link here for anyone that wants to do the same.

Peace, love, and great health to all always,

Debbie, angel Nibbles, angel Casey, and baby Pia
                I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

My Pip's life and my own have been altered for the good in so many ways because of this forum. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for ALWAYS being there for us.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Pam and Pip XoXoXo

Comment

Originally posted by nibbles-mommy View Post
                    Hoping for peace, health, and comfort for all of our fur babies (cats, too!) the ones still with us and those who have passed.
                    Well said!

Thank you all so very very much - from the bottom of my heart and from the tips of Soaphie and Sydney's noses to the tips of their tails. Thank you, thank you thank you.

Have a safe and festive Christmas and an awesome New Year!

Tami
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Merry Christmas and happy safe holidays- thank DOG for this wonderful forum
                      Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone.

It never fails to amaze me that so many strangers can come together to help each other out. Where would we all be without the internet!!!!
                        Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

I couldn't of said it any better than you did. Ditto......

Merry Christmas to all
                          Loretta & Beau diagnoised Sept 2010, Wellness Core Reduced Fat & Wellness Core Senior canned food, once a day 1/4 cup pure pumpkin.
                          Passed on to the rainbow bridge Dec. 11, 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by diggydog View Post
                            Merry Christmas everyone.

It never fails to amaze me that so many strangers can come together to help each other out. Where would we all be without the internet!!!!
                            Also ditto on that.

Merry Christmas to everyone and extra belly rub for the furbabies.

Be safe on the road

Louise

Comment

Merry Christmas to all..two legged and four legged! Thank goodness for this forum! (Looks like we will have one of our sixty percent of the time white Christmases!)

Comment

Working...
                              X