Atopy - skin barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atopy - skin barrier

Patty - I already have a spray shower attachment; the ONLY tricky part will be to get the water flowing and the temperature adjusted - and STILL get Camellia to walk into the shower!

I could get her in if the stall was dry. Wet, with the shower-spray going, even if not directed at her, I just don't know! If I trusted my balance better in a really tight space, I could hold her under my arm, but typically, I can lose my balance - I will NOT risk dropping Camellia, especially in tight quarters!

We shall see!

Anyway, so I DO have an appropriate shower-head, on a flexible hose. I plan to sit on a small rubbermaid stool. Of course, I'll get Quite Soaked!

Thanks for the Amazon pictures; most interesting!

Mary and Craig, I was interested in your discussion. The stuff my vet is selling, you can't get anywhere else, according to the vendor's page, which is here:

http://www.douxo.us/dermatology/doux...s-shampoo.html

This is clearly very specific stuff. I might even investigate whether Camellia's Trupanion insurance would help cover the cost of the shampoo and the spray. It just might, since this is a recent diagnosis of Atopy, and you can't get the recommended stuff anywhere except from a vet.

I found the Douxo (they say, it's pronounced Duke-So) site quite interesting. I looked at the data-sheet links; they are helpful in how to apply the stuff. Still not complete enough for my liking, but, then, I usually need truly excruciating detail!

(Falling asleep at the keyboard, so I'd better quit before I become completely incomprehensible.)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:54:01 (PDT)
    http://www.coherentdog.org/
    CarolW

Comment

Re: Atopy - skin barrier

Originally posted by Patty View Post
      Hope you love it as much as I do, Shell
      It looks fantastic! It's so hard to bathe Hank now since it's all done by hand... one cup at a time! Am really looking forward to it!
      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Working...
      X