Urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent help needed

Before running my errands, I went to visit Quentin and he was very excited and I got a whole lots of kisses. He is so funny, he just puts his two paws on your shoulders and kisses you He still won't eat out of his bowl and she is still handfeeding him and putting ice cubes in his mouth. Even with my allergies and my almost inability to smell anything, I did smell something around his mouth. She was waiting for a call back from the vet

Last night, a bear got into the neighbours' garbage box and it was the first time that Quentin reacted and barked since Friday so that's a good sign.... not so good for the neiboorhood where garbage is all over the neighbours' lawn and the people are weekenders.

Quentin let us get close to his mouth and we were able to check inside and the top gums are a nice dark color. When we tried the bottom where he got bit, he would have nothing to do with us. The lump in the neck is gone and overall, he is doing much better.

When I left, he was laying on the floor getting a massage from mommy who was sitting on the floor next to him.

Can you tell he is spoiled little boy but he is so darn cute and funny.

Louise

Comment

Originally posted by buddingartist View Post
      When I left, he was laying on the floor getting a massage from mommy who was sitting on the floor next to him.

Can you tell he is spoiled little boy but he is so darn cute and funny.

Louise
      It's a good thing these little ones are cute and funny! That special bond with his Mommy may be what pulls him through.

Mary

I'm hoping no news is good news! 8/31/11
      Last edited by MaryLea; 08-31-2011, 08:12 PM.
      Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
      Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
      Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
      Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

How is Quentin doing?

Natalie

Comment

Quentin is back to his normal self...... He is off the Benadryl so that must have something to do with it.

He is stealing slippers and socks, jumping on the bed while she is trying to make it, running across the house like a crazy dog and of of course, they are overjoyed.

He also went swimming Monday and Tuesday, which he just loves

Thank you all
          Louise

Comment

Hooray!!!

Natalie

Comment

Great news! Good to have him back to his "old self".

Mary
              Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her

Comment

That is good news! I'm actually amazed that an animal can survive a poisonous snake bite without anti-venom. But thank God!

Comment

Originally posted by pgcor View Post
                  That is good news! I'm actually amazed that an animal can survive a poisonous snake bite without anti-venom. But thank God!
                  Thank God, for sure. When I Googled the situation, I found that some vets do not use anti-venom these days. Surprised me.

Mary

Comment

I must admit I was a little skeptical of the quality of emergency care that Quentin got. There are no hospitals where you can rush your animal to in this neck of the wood and you have to rely on the vet on duty after hours and on weekend and which varies because of a rotating basis.

I guess we are learned something new.

Louise

Comment

Yipeee!! What at touch little guy! Thats wonderful news
                      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

I thought I'd share this.

Many of you will remember our friend's crazy and goofy Quentin being bitten by a rattle snake this summer.

Where he was bit on the side of the mouth, it looks like it killed the hair follicles (or whatever you call it) as he is now sporting a bald spot about half the size of the palm of my hand. The vet couldn't really say if it would come back.

He is still the most adorable dog, playful and still thoroughly intimidated by my little Cleo. The moaning coming out of him when she <puts him in his place< is just hilarious.

Louise

Comment

Yes, Louise, I remember. He had us worried for several days. Hope the spot eventually has hair again! Glad to know he's his old self--even with Cleo's antics.

Mary

Comment

He is such a lucky dog to have survived that bite. Hope his hair grows back in but it will be quite the battle scar / conversation starter if it doesn't.

Natalie

Comment

I remember this thread..it was fascinating to read all the information! I'm so glad the pup is ok tho and that is neat side effect!
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

wow, isn't that something about his hair? so glad to hear he is back to his adorable self!
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X