Autumn is an angel August 21, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Update on Autumn

Lucky that Autumn has such a perceptive Mum like you Anna to pick up on her not being well. So glad you got her sorted it's always a good sign when they come begging for food! in our house if they are not underneath the table at Paul's feet when we are eating I know there is something wrong! They never bother to beg from me.
    Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Glad they were able to discover what was causing Autumn discomfort and that she is on treatment and hopefully the road to recovery! Nice catch in recognizing something was not quite right.
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear Audy has Lyme disease but I am so glad you know your girl so well and took her in. I would thinking catching something like Lyme disease early is a huge benefit.

Natalie

Comment

Hello
          It's been some time since I posted. I did want to tell you how beyond grateful Autumn and I are for the help given us with diabetes from you. She left this world peacefully in my arms yesterday. She is the world to me. They become so special to us and we can have most difficult time expressing how much. Infinite

To all you who were here for us Thank You are small words with huge meaning. Autumn and I went to many vets and were never lucky enough to find this kind of information or support. If this forum didn't exist, Autumn would have not lived almost 8 years with diabetes. She passed from kidney issues at 12 years. It was fast diagnosis and decline. I miss her so much. Her first 2 meal times made me cry. Strange not having to HAVE to get up at 5:15am today.

To those who have newly diagnosed dogs and are overwhelmed, my advice from this experience is relax, read everything on this forum and learn it all. Do not worry about asking any questions. It is a wealth of information from people who care that is priceless and gave Autumn a long happy life.
          With love and best wishes to all fur baby parents,
          Autumn and Anna

Comment

That is a long life with the disease and started out fairly young

it did not interfere with a happy dogs life and thats a testament to you managing the disease and keeping your pup safe and happy

special thoughts for you and autumn
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Anna, ... so sorry to hear of Autumn's passing. Sounds like she was very much loved and well cared for.

You have my deepest condolences and Godspeed to Autumn.
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

• I'm so sorry to hear of Autumn's passing. I know how devastating it was to lose my Bazzle boy, and I can only imagine the similar pain your in. I sincerely hope that the good memories of her and the deep and everlasting love you shared, will comfort you during this time of grief.
                Sending cyber hugs your way, and a kiss skyward for little Autumn.
                Audrey
                Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Autumn.

Jake
                  13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                  At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

she was so adorably cute. 8 years is fantastic!

Jenny's been gone for almost 2 years now and I still get up at 5:30, started with her shots and it just feels weird not to.

I'm so sorry you are grieving so much. She was lucky to have you as her human.

Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry for the loss of Autumn - I just went through this myself and I am still in shock a bit and certainly very lonely. But, there are times when I stand back and I am amazed that she and I battled for so long and focused so hard on the goal of just living for 8 + years. It all started one day at a time and just turned into weeks to months to years. I agree that a forum can play such a huge role and having a community to share with and learn from was a huge reason why we made it. It is hard now, I know, to really have the perspective that her long life was nothing short of amazing but you made that happen and I hope in the days to come that you will not just feel pain but look back on the good times and remember those days.

Fly free, Autumn!
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Sorry to read of passing of your fur babies. It's heartbreaking. She was amazing. I was so lucky. She taught me so much. Who thought I could inject, test and evaluate what she needed. Audy lived a long happy life due to all of you at this forum. Forever grateful. Thank you so much for your kindness.

Comment

Oh Anna,
                          I'm so sorry to hear about your Autumn. I remember when you first came to the forum. You were blessed to have each other.
                          Lifting you up as you navigate the days without her.
                          Take care,
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Anna... so very sorry to hear of Autumn's passing. You were such a fabulous mom to her so I know she was a very lucky dog to have lived a cherished life with you.

Sending you a hug and a kiss skyward to your girl...

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Autumn is an angel August 21, 2016

It is always very emotional to me when one of our loved babies passes on...no words will ever express it good enough!

Still, I must say how sorry I am for your loss.

Sincerely,

wlw
                              Mr. Shadow 11 year old mix breed, 21 lbs. , diabetes diagnosis Sept. 2015. Currently on 10 units Novolin N

Comment

• Re: Autumn is an angel August 21, 2016

Sending you Big supportive hugs over your loss of Autumn xx
                                I expect so many are encouraging you to get another dog ? - like me with Susie (14yrs)
                                I found after Patchy's death(19 years with us) I needed a time to grieve it took me 6 months before I got Susie - we are all different so do go at your own pace and do what is good for you. I know I could not live without another dog but want to see Sammy balanced with this diabetes before bringing a new puppy into his life.

You have a loving heart Autumn will always be with you x

Comment

Working...
                                X