Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-19-2020, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Questions about Yuki

Aw, I hope they find nothing too serious when they do the rhinoscopy. Will be anxiously waiting for the results.

Perhaps a virus rather than bacteria.

Natalie
Old 03-23-2020, 02:11 PM

Well - unfortunately Yukon's rhinoscope was today and they cancelled Friday because of the pandemic.

He is sneezing so bad and yellow coming out of his nose. I am thinking about trying CBD oil to help with the inflammation.

Has anyone given their diabetic dog CBD Oil? I have to try something - we are unsure when he will be able to have the procedure and he is so uncomfortable.

Or, if you have any other anti-inflammatory ideas please share with me. I was going to do the Turmeric Paste but my vet said it might not be a good idea with all his issues.

So frustrating :-(
15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:08 AM

From anything I've read on rhinitis or sinusitis, it sounds like a bacterial infection, maybe a fungal infection.

Has Yuki been on antibiotics yet for this?
Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:12 PM

Well we went in today for the rhinoscope. It wasn't a foreign object or nasal polyp. She took a couple biopsies and sent them out. Said she saw some nodules in some white stuff so it could be either a fungus, cancer, or some type of inflammatory issue. I forgot the name of the inflammatory issue but she said if it is that he would have to be on antibiotics three times a day and then a steroid and something else.

I'm hoping for the inflammatory issue. She will get the results back next week. She did do a biopsy of the inside of his mouth by his back molar I guess there was some type of protrusion above the molar.

Not what we wanted to hear. He's such a fighter and has been through so much and he's doing great.

With the coronavirus and now this feels like a big blur and daze right now.
15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:25 PM

He is having a tough time coming out of the anesthesia. Procedure was 7 hours ago and he is still not moving. His blood sugar was HI and he hasn't eaten dinner. I gave him 10 of the 13 units of insulin and an hour later it's 638.

Should I give him the rest in another hour? I am assuming the blood sugar is high from the anesthesia. I am not going to push to eat since it's so late.

Has anyone else had this issue after surgery?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Founding Member

Hope yuki feels better soon . It is a difficult time for everyone including our dogs . If numbers stay elevated you maybe able to add a fast acting insulin like r temporarily
Old 03-28-2020, 06:24 PM

The doctor called today and said the results of the culture from the aspiration she took on the inside of yukons mouth by his tooth came back with abnormal cells. We have to wait for the biopsies to come back in the nasal cavity but she mentioned the word cancer.

I am not giving up hope that everything will be OK. This really stinks because his blood sugar has been so good and diabetes isn't even an issue now. We have a new issue that might not be able to be healed :-(

Please pray for Yukon. He is such a good boy.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:27 AM
Founding Member

Sorry to read there are abnormal cells present. Just don't give up hope. There are treatments and some cancers are slow growing.

Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann
Old 03-29-2020, 05:55 AM

Thank you. I am not going to give up hope on my baby.

I have two fantastic veterinarians that will work with me to make him happy and healthy for as long as we can.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:30 PM
Founding Member

Actually I have given up on jesse many times from the very beginning of this adventure not thinking she would get through 6 months for as sick as she was

There are time she struggles and I think time is short and then she bounces back and better than ever

I realize Jesse has crossed the higher end of a beagles lifespan ( still proving me wrong ) I have elected to not do any major medical procedures at this point in her life and she hasn't needed any for over 9 years . We just take it one day at a time . Is she perfect ? No she has her limitations and problems but she is happy and still enjoys life so that continues and we are happy about that