Jesse girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

Belated Uber-Happy 14th Birthday Jesse!! Wishing you many many more. Wish I could stop by and give you a big hug - you're too cool!

Natalie

Comment

thanks Natalie she enjoys lots of virtual hugs thats she gets on the forum
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Jesse and her mom are amazing! Continuing the celebration this month!!!
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

thanks patty happy days
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Just an update on jesse . She has reached her 9 years being diabetic . She is still jesse enjoying chasing rabbits and loving her dinner .

Her symptom from epilepsy have been gone for a couple years and has been in decline for 7 years . Maybe being diabetic and having higher sugar on the brain may help but who knows for sure . Her high anxiety from loud booms has also gone away which must have been related to epilepsy . She also is more social and enjoys cuddles more .

I think jesse has proven you can manage this disease many ways and be successful . jesse has used exclusively a human meter . She also only eats one meal so its possible to give a dose of NPH without a full meal . The other factor you can feed a home made diet and do good . We also are not that exact with food quantities but its pretty consistent . Her dose of insulin is relatively small compared to others and that could be because she is on a homemade diet.

Jesse just constantly surprises me for her zest for life and hope jesse can continue enjoying a dogs life for as long as that can be

Comment

Wow, congrats to both of you. Luckily she has someone like you who takes the bull by the horns to find solutions.
              It inspires us all.
              Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Congratulations to you and jesse!
                Love how you have found an innovative way to manage her diabetes.
                Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                Diabetes: Aug 2013
                Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!! What a wonderful milestone for you both!

Natalie

Comment

Thanks raysaint ,mike and Natalie . We appreciate each and every day we get to spend together

Comment

You and Jesse are amazing and I've learned so much from you both.

Congratulations!!!!!
                      Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Congrats to both of you! The little one seems to have a wonderful quality of life, thanks to you. Hoping you huys get to celebrate many, many more.
                        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Congratulations to you and Jesse. Wonderful milestone.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

Thanks daisy bill and Bonnie .

I think she is very special and not just to me but everyone who crosses her path . all the dogs start barking as we go for our walks and they start well before we get to there house . I think they say jesse is coming

Bonnie i ran into a dog that looked like crissy ann ( spitting image ) as i was riding my bike another dog ( cattle dog ) came charging in at me and this big happy white dog tackled him or her . She came over with a smile on her face ( dogs do smile ) and i said thank you

Comment

Wow! Nine years and still going strong is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations!
                              Snickers was an 18 year old Skye terrier mix. - Diagnosed 12-1-15. Angel status 4-21-19. She was a once in a lifetime dog that will always be in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                                Just an update on jesse . She has reached her 9 years being diabetic . She is still jesse enjoying chasing rabbits and loving her dinner .

Her symptom from epilepsy have been gone for a couple years and has been in decline for 7 years . Maybe being diabetic and having higher sugar on the brain may help but who knows for sure . Her high anxiety from loud booms has also gone away which must have been related to epilepsy . She also is more social and enjoys cuddles more .

I think jesse has proven you can manage this disease many ways and be successful . jesse has used exclusively a human meter . She also only eats one meal so its possible to give a dose of NPH without a full meal . The other factor you can feed a home made diet and do good . We also are not that exact with food quantities but its pretty consistent . Her dose of insulin is relatively small compared to others and that could be because she is on a homemade diet.

Jesse just constantly surprises me for her zest for life and hope jesse can continue enjoying a dogs life for as long as that can be
                                MY GOODNESS! 9 (!!!) years! Is that the record on this forum??? I really do hope that Jesse catches a rabbit one of these days - a bonus for a life well lived (but catch and release, please). Enjoy those extra snuggles!!!! <3
                                Last edited by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom; 03-06-2019, 10:10 AM. Reason: changed SQUIRREL to RABBIT ;D
                                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X