Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What am I doing???

Any word from the vet, Debbie?
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Pia is doing great. We have a new addition to the family. Found him out front and he's a few months old. We named him Churchill after the evil,cat in pet semetary. Gonna be a long road with the 2 of them.

Been a rough week. Joey had open heart surgery for a heart valve replacement and aneurism removed. Crazy cause he's only 36yo. I'm back on nurse duty!

I uploaded a few new pics of the goofs to my albums. Who knew we'd be cat people now.

I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Wow, wishing Joey a speedy recovery! Love the picture of Churchill!
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

what beautiful spoiled cats. Fast healing to Joey. that is scary at his young age. thank goodness for good surgeons.

are you officially a crazy cat lady now? hugs, Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Love the kitty pictures. Of course, I had to take a trip down memory lane with Casey & Nibbles too . Sounds like you have had a full plate lately - hope Joey's recovery is going well. He sure is in good hands!
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
              what beautiful spoiled cats. Fast healing to Joey. that is scary at his young age. thank goodness for good surgeons.

are you officially a crazy cat lady now? hugs, Judi
              I refuse to become a crazy cat lady! Joey on the other hand has a list of his favorite strays he wants homes for, just not my home .

Boy, I must be out of practice because thus hospital stuff has exhausted me. With nibbles, 4-5hrs. Sleep was good. Now I feel beat. Must be getting older too.

Churchill is a devil. All he does is bite and attack. He doesn't bite down or take his claws out, but he needs to stop now. He's also teething. We'll see how it goes, but I'm not going to put pia in jeopardy or ruin her because right now she's perfect.

When I sleep now, she stands on my chest and paws my cheek down to open my eyes and licks my face all over to wake me up.

Hopefully Joey will be coming home today. He's scared to leave but he'll feel better when we get home.
              I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

hope Joey made it home ok. After my father in laws open heart surgery my husband watched the video with him of what to expect. He said the video was 100% accurate. Hope you can keep Joey from overdoing!

you are gonna wind up with 10 cats! lol
                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Just popping in to say hi! Everything is going good here. Joey is recovering well after the surgery. Pia and Choochie are bad but cute. I saved another kitty who had leukemia a few months ago and found his a nice shelter about 2 hours away that is beautiful. Saved a kitten the other night and got him a home too. Have another who somehow fell in love with me on my front step so now I have to leave out the back.

There was an animal hoarder who lived across the street. Didn't even know it. A bunch of cats ran out the back, that's all I need.

Hope everyone is doing well, kiss the babies for me.

Here's some updated photos of Pia and Chooch

Comment

oh cuties

they look like they enjoy each other
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Debbie,

It is great to hear from you. Glad things are going well.... so you have taken on another cause.. to save the kitties!! Love it.

Barb
                      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

They are adorable -- but do look like they could have a bit of a naughty side to them - LOL! Glad Joey is recovering and that all else is going well. Kudos to you for finding a safe place for the leuk kitty and for helping others!

Comment

Its so good to hear from you. And I"m glad things are going well on all fronts. do NOT take in all of the neighbor's cats you soft hearted woman!

Comment

Too cute Debbie!
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hey so good to hear from you _ always had a soft spot for torty cats just love em, personality on top of vocals.
                              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Yep, pia is one vocal cat. She's always making some kind of noise. I woke up this morning surrounded by balls. Guess I didn't wake up for fetch.

Comment

Working...
                                X