Update on Corky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Corky

Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you an update on Corky. His Cushings symptoms are still in remission. He had his US, and the masses on his right kidney and liver are still about the same size. They don't seem to be giving him any problems, and the IMS isn't going to do anything at the present time. He was in the hospital 2 weeks ago, as he was having respiratory distress. They had to keep him in, as he was on oxygen for several hours. With all of the tests they performed, they didn't really know what caused it, but thought it might have been heat related because of the high temperatures that we had. Since he's been home, he's been doing very well. He is now back to walking over an hour every morning.

I want to thank everyone for all of the support and links you gave me. There is still the possibility that his Cushings symptoms might return.

I wish all of you the best with your babies. I will keep in touch.

Terri and Corky

Re: Update on Corky

Hi Terry,

How long has Corky been in remission and do you still have regular ACTH tests?

Spicey has been off Trilostane for 7 months now with no return to any Cushings symptoms. I am reluctant to start testing again as I think it will start it all off again! Also her first ever ACTH test was negative so do we go by what is a normal result for a Cushings dog, ie 5 or under, or a non cushings dog? It was the ldds test that diagnosed her as well as all of the typical symptoms which have now gone.

Glad Corky has recovered from his recent ordeal and is now well again.

Linda and Spicey

Comment

Re: Update on Corky

Hi Linda,

Corky has been in remission for about 2 1/2 months. They didn't do another ACTH Stim. test, but they did check his blood creatinine and BUN levels, and his urine creatinine and cortisol levels. They were all in the normal range in the beginning of March. Corky never did begin his treatment with Lysodren, as he had 2 UTIs when he was suppose to start his treatment. Nobody seems to know why the symptoms went away and his levels are now in the normal range. His first ACTH was above the normal range. I'm not going to do another test as long as there are none of the clinical signs.

I'm glad that Spicey has been in remission for 7 months. That's really great. I hope she can stay that way.

Terri and Corky

Comment

Working...
      X