Abby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abby

Coming in late - very late. I just read through your entire thread. I'm so very sorry for all you're going through.

SO glad you had the courage to do what was right for Abby.

She will come and hover, and talk to you, in that giant hole in your heart that is all hers, when you least expect it.

My deepest condolences on your loss.
    Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:50:32 (PDT)
    http://www.coherentdog.org/
    CarolW

Comment

I'm so sorry to know that Abby has passed on... Godspeed to your sweet Angel Abby.

Natalie

Comment

Thank you all for your sweet comments and kind words. Yesterday was very hard, but I had the support of our vet and my mother, who is my rock in this world. Abby was a sweet lovely little girl cat, and I will miss her, but she was suffering and she needed peace before it got too much worse.

You guys have been wonderful, and I truly appreciate all you've said and all of you support.
        Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

So, apparently in times of stress I turn into a whiny baby and I want my cat back, as if she's just been taken away to punish me. Perhaps this is the bargaining stage of grief.

In all honesty, I'm having these little upwellings of missing my cat that I generally tamp down because I don't have time to wallow in it, but I wanted to take a moment to vent.

I miss my cat. I really really miss her. I feel so cheated out of time with her. I even changed my profile pic back to cute Zoe because I couldn't stand looking at Abby's picture anymore. I want another cat, a girl cat, but I'm financially pinched right now and don't want to take on the maintenance of another animal just at the moment and I'm afraid of being disappointed if I adopt a cat who doesn't fit the ideals that past cats have set for a cat's personality. Man, I never went through this before. When I lost animals before, I replaced them quickly, and I always had some fabulous feline personality arrive. I guess I have to have faith that when I can take on another girl cat, I will surely find just the right personality.

Don't get me wrong, I love my boy cat. Really love him. He's gotten to a point where he is following me around like a puppy - probably because he's hungry as he's on a little diet, but also maybe cuz he's getting so much attention now that Abby is gone. He's a wonderful cat, but there's something so special about a female cat, in my view, and I hate not having one in the house.

Sorry to gripe, but I needed an outlet. I think my friends and family will think I'm silly if I tell them how I'm feeling about this right now.
          Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

I don't think you are silly, and am glad you could vent here! I don't have cats but certainly understand the "emply house" feeling.

Mary
            Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
            Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
            Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
            Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

((hugs)) I hope things settle down soon and that lucky fabulous female cat finds you!

But I can sure understand missing your Abby
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

VENT AWAY!!! We are all here to listen! We all need someone just to talk to every once in a while - not wanting a solution or anything - just someone to LISTEN. We are here for you!!!!
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I totally understand what you are going through. I don't think one ever gets over the loss of beloved furbabies - the sorrow kind of becomes a part of you. Hugs.

Comment

Understand your feelings! You can't replace but boy do you miss them! There is an empty space they leave behind.

Thing is...when that cat that is yours comes along...you will know. She'll pop in somehow...whether it's someone dropping her off or you checking an ad or whatever...but she'll come. When it's time.

But I do love my girl cats, too! I have two right now and adore both. And personality plus so know what you mean there!

Lots of hugs and vent away!
                    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I know how you feel, and you never forget about them, and you will always remember them. There is a hole in your heart that will never be filled.

HUGS
                      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thank you all. I do feel better having gotten it off my chest for a while. You are all so kind and supportive. I appreciate that so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X