Odd Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Behavior

Last weekend my dog Dutch switched from Relion N to Humalin N and not long after my other dog who is not diabetic will not stop trying to smell Dutch and at times has made like he was going to hump the other dog.

The only thing I can think of is maybe something about the insulin used in Dutch is driving the other dog crazy.

Has anybody else had this happen?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: Odd Behavior

Their ingredient list is almost identical - we looked at this back when Relion was talking about making the switch. So I wouldn't think the different insulin would be the issue...

Did you change the dose or just make a direct switch (which is what I would do)?

If the dose was reduced, Dutch might be "sweeter"... only other thing I can think of.

Perhaps just a coincidence and Dutch found something really cool to step in recently.

Natalie

Comment

Re: Odd Behavior

I kept him on the same amount of insulin as the old type. Its just odd how this has started happening with my other dog out of the blue. He cannot control himself when he gets near Dutch. His whole body shakes because he is dying to smell Dutch.

Comment

Working...
      X