9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11

I'm sitting here in the UK watching the memorial live on the TV.

I am fighting back tears and I can only imagine how those of you in the USA are feeling.

I don't know if any of the members here were directly affected but I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and all those who lost loved ones 10 years ago.

Love to you all.
    Jan & Dazzle (Border Collie aged 12 yrs) dx 06th February 2009. Dx Hypothyroid 12th July 2011. 6 units am & 5 units pm for this week - still trying to get her back on track. Soloxine 0.4 mgs once a day.

Re: 9/11

thanks jan from across the pond I was visiting new york with my kids less than a month before it happened we were on top of the empire state building looking over the city not knowing at the time that would be the last time we would see those towers and the world forever changed

so many lives lost from all over the world it really is a world tragedy even our fury friends trying to help were lost too
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by janspack View Post
      I'm sitting here in the UK watching the memorial live on the TV.

I am fighting back tears and I can only imagine how those of you in the USA are feeling.

I don't know if any of the members here were directly affected but I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and all those who lost loved ones 10 years ago.

Love to you all.
      I'll never forget that morning.

I'd had a neck surgery (result of a car accident) that lasted 7 hours on Monday the 10th. The surgeon came to check on me about 6:00 AM on the 11th and I was still very groggy after this visit.

I was nodding in & out of consciousness and had the TV on. I remember hearing someone talking about a plane crashing into the World Trade Center and thought I was listening to Saturday Night Live. As I kept listening, I became more curious and finally managed to open my eyes just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the WTC. I called the nurses station and told them to get their televisions on as we had a very serious situation playing out right now.

WOW ... I'll bet every American knows where they were on that day, at that time. I know I do.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

For those that have no voice - yet have SO much to say.....and give....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPa7P...eature=related
        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post
          For those that have no voice - yet have SO much to say.....and give....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPa7P...eature=related
          Thank you...

Shell and Hank
          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Thanks Tami. Ali's breeder wrote the Dog Heros of September 11th book. She's out in NY this week http://www.dogheroesof911.com/events.htm Their stories are so touching.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Jan - what a nice message to send! Sometimes I hear how much our country is disliked abroad - so you tend to think of people in groups rather than individuals. But...I've always like Scotland

Pam

Comment

10 years ago on 9/11, I was away on business in Ottawa our National Capital (equivalent to Washington). When we were informed of the first plane hitting WTC, we found our way down to the lobby of the hotel and watched the events unfold on TV. When the tower collapsed, a woman fell to the floor in hysteria telling us that she was a New Yorker. We managed to get her medical help. The city went into immediate lockdown, telephone lines were jammed and all air and ground transportation were cancelled for the next 2 days. Ron had to come and pick me up.

10 years later this past Sunday 9/11, Ron and I watched all the memorial ceremonies and we were still quite emotional and still feeling the pain of many of our American friends who had been touched by this event.

At 11:30pm that night, a nasty storm developed and at 11:45pm lightning struck close to us. Where we now live is country living where people love and sleep through the nastiest of storm, where we are surrounded by lots and lots of trees, where there are no fire hydrants, where water is poured from a water truck into a crib for the firefighters to draw from and where we are dealing with a volunteer firefighter force. Ron is blessed with a neurotic wife and a neurotic dog and as a result, we never sleep during a storm. Immediately after the lightning struck, Ron started smelling smoke (I have severe allergies and can’t smell anything). He inspected the house from top to bottom and just didn’t want to go to bed even though the storm had passed. 15 minutes later we finally saw flames up in the air and he ran to the house where the fire was. He was screaming Fire in order to wake up everyone on the street and banging on the door and windows of the house that was on fire. Meanwhile I was on the phone calling 911 and doing the same thing at other end of the street to wake up the neighborhood in case we needed to evacuate.

The roof of the house where the fire was is 2 houses down from us and the roof collapsed over theirs and their daughter’s bedroom 5 minutes after Ron managed to wake up the people and get them out of the house. Meanwhile, I was keeping watch on our house as the embers had started falling on our roof, deck and patio furniture. The police officers on duty repeatedly told Ron that he had saved 3 lives, not to mention preventing the fire from spreading through the neighborhood. We made pots of coffee for the firefighters and distributed water and pops. I went to bed at 4:30am and Ron kept vigil and sat outside until 9am the next day making regular rounds to make sure the fire would not reactivate.

After a shower and a few hours of sleep, it finally sank in that he had indeed saved lives and the whole neighborhood is calling him the Hero and the Guardian Angel.

9/11 is forever etched in my memory.

http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/n...p?NewsID=38697

I just had to share and let our American friends that our thoughts and prayers were with you on Sunday.

Louise

Comment

Wow Louise. What a blessing Ron has a good nose and persisted until he located the fire. So glad you all were able to help.
                  Prayers for the family,
                  Patty
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I was walking Kwali and Kumbi on the beach when the first plane hit. Heard about it on the radio after I got home. Mentioned it to my landlord, who came by. He didn't believe it at first.

Then the second plane hit.

Totally horrible. I mourn those who died, and honor those who helped save lives.

Louise, I was DEEPLY touched by your story of Ron saving lives in that house fire - glad it wasn't YOUR house! You have me glued to the screen.

What love there is - can be - between humans - what caring - even for those one doesn't know.
                    Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:10:47 (PDT)
                    http://www.coherentdog.org/
                    CarolW

Comment

Many thanks to each one! 9/11/01 was a tragic day for the USA and those directly affected (whether victims, families or responders). None of us will forget where we were that day when the news broke.

Mary

P.S. Louise, it's great that Ron could smell the smoke and kept looking!
                      Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                      Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                      Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                      Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Working...
                      X