Milk Thistle and SAMe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Thistle and SAMe

What are people's thoughts on Milk Thistle and SAMe? Is this something you use? If so, how often? Just after shots and/or heartworm treatment and/or treatment for ticks?

What about ticks? What do you use?

Lots of questions I know, but I started thinking about milk thistle/SAMe and ticks (because it's that time of year again)..... looking forward to thoughts and input on these subjects.

Re: Milk Thistle and SAMe

jesse used SAMe when she first was diagnosed but that was so long ago so i dont know if i can give a personal opinion on it . i was a bit nutty from the experience at the time . things were quite hazy back then

there were forum members that have used it for i believe liver difficulties and from the impression i got it was helpful but with any supplement how much and how long and can it be a negative affect over time

i thought about giving jesse milk thistle but i have been going in more of an opposite direction with supplements getting rid of most of them since her diet is homemade and has allot of good stuff already in it
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Re: Milk Thistle and SAMe

I use milk thistle for Izzy's liver enzymes (which are elevated, a common problem with Scotties) and Sam E for her elevated triglycerides.
      Izzy's Mom - 11 years old, 24 pounds, diabetic since May, 2016, 12 units Humulin N every 12 hours; 1/2 cup Blue prescription k/s three times a day and a regular grain free greenie after dinner

Comment

Working...
      X