Welcome all Cush dogs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome all Cush dogs!

And now it's pointing back to cc.net again ???

Comment

Could you have an "old" window up - from before Kathy changed it?

Alison

Comment

Okay I cleared my Temp Internet files and cookies and checked again and I see it there now pointing here.

It says:
        Canine Cushing's Message Board where help and support are available. Now temporarily at k9diabetes.com Forum

Thanks Kathy!

Comment

I just went back and logged in--something I haven't done in over 2 years. If you look at the page now in a new browser window, you should see the link for here with the note about temporarily being over here.

Kathy

Comment

Thanks again Kathy! Maybe the edit/change wasn't "sticking" when you weren't logged in there. It's fine now though.

Comment

I posted the link on the CDMB with link going to General Pets

http://petswithdiabetes.yuku.com/top...-for-help.html
              Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Thanks Dolly!

And I forgot to say this before --

Thank you again so much, Natalie and Kathy and hi to everyone who has found their way here!

Keep spreading the word, everyone! Word of mouth is a very powerful tool, too!

Comment

Hi All,
                  My wife just posted on the canine cushings facebook group that K9diabetes is helping by temporarily hosting caninecushings while cc.net is down.

Hope it helps.
                  John

Comment

Tell your wife thank you, John!

Comment

I was shocked when I visited the Cushings board and saw the generic page. Does anyone know what happened? I feel so bad for the people struggling with a new diagnosis or looking for advice. As many of you know we lost Lacy to an unrelated cancer but I still check back every few days to see how other dogs are getting along and to see if I can help anyone facing an adrenalectomy.

Has anyone here been in touch with any of the board moderators who might know what the problem is?

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Lacy View Post
                        I was shocked when I visited the Cushings board and saw the generic page. Does anyone know what happened? I feel so bad for the people struggling with a new diagnosis or looking for advice. As many of you know we lost Lacy to an unrelated cancer but I still check back every few days to see how other dogs are getting along and to see if I can help anyone facing an adrenalectomy.

Has anyone here been in touch with any of the board moderators who might know what the problem is?
                        We are working on it, and we are very glad you looked here. If you have email or any other way to contact other members please direct them here for the time being. And ask anyone you contact to reach out to their contacts.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by We Hope View Post
                          There's a page in the Pet Diabetes Wiki dealing with Cushing's because it's often found along with DM. I can change the link on that page to this board if you like. Then people who are reading there will know where to find you now.

Kathy

Adding--when I Google "canine cushings board" one of the hits on the first page is to the Pet Diabetes Wiki page on Cushing's:

"Cushing's disease - Pet Diabetes
                          "Another health problem for canine Cushing's patients is high blood pressure ... Canine Cushing's Message Board where help and support are available. ..."

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Cushing's_disease

At present, the link is to cc.net.
                          Kathy, that sounds like a great idea. I was just about to offer to put a link on my links page, but I'm not sure exactly how to show that link! Could you show me how?

Not that I get a lot of traffic, but I do get a little.

Then also, I wondered. I joined the CCAC group a few days ago; they have around 4000 members; I'm only there to study, same as on cc.net; I don't have any cushpups. But - how about an announcement on that group? I believe the group owner would go for it. I could always ask permission before posting. Maybe some of you are on that list too:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canine...utoimmuneCare/

As you know, I already link to k9diabetes on my links page, and also, on every main page on my site (right-hand side links). But that doesn't indicate how to find cc.net for now.

I can change that page very quickly; just need to know to do it, and how to post the link.

Also, when the time comes, I can change the link very quickly to return to the original cc.net.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:07:13 (PDT)
                          Last edited by CarolW; 04-12-2009, 09:10 PM. Reason: typos and one additional remark
                          http://www.coherentdog.org/
                          CarolW

Comment

I got the links, and I'm gong to put the temporary link on my home page on Coherent Dog. My visitors are mostly in dog-behavior and training, but numbers of ones concerning diabetes as well, among them some of my friends who are, I believe, on cc.net

I'll go put that on my site; you never know - and be ready to change the link back to the original cc.net one when the time comes.

By the way, I also refer to the Pet Diabetes Wiki.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:27:48 (PDT)
                            CarolW

Comment

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Biology...itions/Canine/

The Yahoo Directory--the cc.net site is still the link. You can suggest a site:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/add?28479876

But no time guarantee without the $300.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
                                As you know, I already link to k9diabetes on my links page, and also, on every main page on my site (right-hand side links). But that doesn't indicate how to find cc.net for now.

I can change that page very quickly; just need to know to do it, and how to post the link.

Also, when the time comes, I can change the link very quickly to return to the original cc.net.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:07:13 (PDT)
                                Hahaha - I've been reminded very politely and in a very friendly way, privately, that it's odd for one Italian restaurant to advertise another! (well-put!) All the same, you cc.net people might like to know the owner of CCAC thinks highly of your site!

But somehow, I thought it might be going a BIT too far to post there, so instead, I HAVE put on my main page a pointer to cc.net here at its temporary host, and I put it on my links page as well.

As soon as cc.net comes back up, I'll change those announcements, and expect to leave the pointer to CanineCushings net on my links pages, because it's so commonly associated with diabetes. That is, of course, I'll point to the original site, rather than it's temporary version here.

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 22:33:17 (PDT)
                                Last edited by CarolW; 04-12-2009, 10:35 PM. Reason: clarify
                                CarolW

Comment

Working...
                                X