River didn't make it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: River didn't make it...

Today is my birthday, and I've been thinking back through the years. River was probably a year and a half old in this memory I'm guessing? Anyway, my family was all in the living room talking for a while. We decided to migrate to the kitchen to have cake and ice cream and what not. As we walked into the room, there was Rivie on top of the counter, covered in frosting. He seriously ate half my cake! Lol. Someone had left a chair ever so slightly pulled back and he managed to jump onto it and then onto the counter. He was such a sneaky little turd :P I'm missing him tons today

Comment

what a smart boy! hope you are smiling remembering that. hugs to you Brooke

are you in your new house?
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh my goodness. Too funny. Happy Birthday to you! Such sweet memories.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Birthday, Brooke.... Those types of memories (the funny ones) certainly see us through, don't they?

hugs,
          Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Happy Birthday Brooke! What a bitter sweet memory - thank you for sharing.
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone!
              I do love that memory of my Rivie. It cracks me up every time, thinking about his little face with frosting all over it. He was always finding creative ways to get onto the counter. And he was good at it
              Another naughty dog story has been added to my birthday memories, haha. I just got back from petsmart. I took Archer with me because he LOVES that place. He's at an awkward stage right now where he's like between collar sizes, so instead of choking him I have the one that's just a tiny bit too big for him on him. I grabbed a big bag of food and some treats and then was trying to pick out a bone for him to chew on (so my arms are full of course). Archer wriggles out of his collar and takes off running across the store toward the front doors! I'm running after him yelling frantically thinking he's going to get out to the parking lot and get hit by car or something, looking like a moron, lol. Luckily a nice cashier jumped out and grabbed him before he made it to the doors. Phew! I told him he's not allowed to go next time now since he was naughty and scared me to death :P

Judi- we are not we found one house we like a lot, but it has one problem. A TINY kitchen. So we're holding off a little longer to see if we can find one we like better. I spend far too much time in the kitchen for it to be too small, lol.

Comment

Oups, a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

What a sweet story about River. Those are the memories that are forever etched in your mind.

Even funnier with Archer running free from you at PetSmart. It's a good thing he didn't get into bags or things where you would have had to pay for it, even though you didn't want to buy it.

Hope you had a good day

Louise

Comment

Happy belated birthday, Brooke! I'm so glad you have great memories of River like that one! Those are always the reasons we get our babies, huh? And Archer certainly seems to be attempting to fill River's shoes in the trouble department! LOL Hugs!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

This has nothing to do with dogs but I wanted to share good news! My new baby nephew was born today! my sister is diabetic so they checked his BG and it was below 10 when he was born, making them take him to the NICU for a few hours. He's out now and both him and mom are doing great. I get to go meet him tomorrow and I'm so excited this is the baby that we found out to be expecting around the time River passed, so I told my sister I hoped he was Riv's reincarnated soul, lol.

Comment

Congratulations! I don't understand anything about the blood sugar but I hope he is ok! have fun with him today!!
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Congratulations.... hopefully he is fine... BG at 10!! Wow! Is this because of your sister being diabetic that they checked his blood sugar!.

Glad everything is fine. Such excitement!
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thank you! I got to meet him today.. SOOO cute I'm so excited to watch him grow and watch my other nephew be a big brother. I lied though yesterday apparently, whoops, he's still in the NICU :-/ BUT he's doing great and should be out tonight or in the morning. I thought he was out yesterday but I uses I misunderstood, they just took him off the IV drip that was bringing his BG back up. My sister is doing good too. Hopefully her BG's go back to normal now. Pregnancy makes them out of control so I'm happy she finally popped lol.

Comment

So Archer had some gross diarrhea all weekend (starred Saturday morning I think, but I wasn't home Friday night so who knows) and was still bad Monday so I called the vet. Did some tests to figure out what it was, it just looked like he ate something weird is all. The something weird I assume was a walnut or a couple anyway (and yes I do know how harmful they can be now. There's a tree next door that drops them into our yard.. That's a whole other dilemma I'm gonna have to figure out next!) The vet gave him an antibiotic and something else to stop the diarrhea, which I started giving to him last night. Well guess what, today he WONT poop! Ugh! I'm not sure what to do now. Vet is closed now so I can't call them... Anyone have any suggestions? (Remember he is not diabetic).

Comment

Could he be empty? Poor boy. I've heard a tiny bit of canned pumpin can work but I've never used it.

Comment

Yep, might try 1/2 or 1 Tablespoon of canned pure pumpkin.
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X