I lost by sweet Sugar Nov. 24, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost by sweet Sugar Nov. 24, 2017

Most here probably don't remember me nor my diabetic dog, Criss Ann. She passed away back in March 2009.
    During her struggles with diabetes, Cushings, lupus, and cataract surgery, gone wrong, I adopted 2 American Eskimo dogs from an Ohio rescue group: Hank and Sugar.
    The boys were 1 and 2 years old in July 2004 and were
    great friends.

Sugar lost a front leg to cancer in 2012, but appeared to be in good health. Yesterday started as any other day. When I went to get Sugar in for breakfast, I found him collapsed outside. I rushed him to the vet's, where xrays showed a large tumor around his liver. His tummy was so extended that he yelped if just touched. They thought the tumor had ruptured. I made the decision to let my nearly 16 year old go peacefully.

I hope Criss was there to meet him. Hank will be lonely.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Re: I lost by sweet Sugar Nov. 24, 2017

Run free sweet Sugar. He knows that you treated him well.
    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
    Diabetes: Aug 2013
    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

just amazing these old gals live so long with many challenges to boot . just a testament to the wonderful care you have given to all your fury friends and that can do spirit
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Aw Bonnie... I'm so sorry to hear about Sugar and that it was completely unexpected, which makes it so traumatic for you...

I know you so I know how deeply loved Sugar was, as Crissy Ann was. He was a lucky boy to have gone from rescue to your arms. Please give Hank a hug from us and I'm sending kisses skyward to Crissy Ann and Sugar.

Natalie

Comment

I am so sorry. Give Hank an extra hug from me too. Sugar must not have been in pain until the last day so that is a blessing. Xo. Judi
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bonnie, and Godspeed to your sweet boy Sugar.
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I remember Crissy Ann's inspirational story. No doubt Sugar was a lucky boy who lived a good life with you. I'm sure Crissy Ann was there to greet him. I'm so sorry for your loss. Nearly 16 years sure leaves a big hole in your heart. Hugs to you and Hank.

Holli
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

So very sorry. Hugs to you and your family. It's always so hard.
                Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
                10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Oh Bonnie, I just happened to stop by the forum this morning and found your note here about Sugar. I’m so sorry for your loss. Although it has indeed been a long time since we were together on K9C, please know that your family there still remembers and honors your beautiful Crissy Ann. And as the others here have written, I have a deep and hopeful belief that Crissy was right there awaiting Sugar when he made his passage.

Sending hugs of peace and comfort to you and Hank.
                  Marianne, on behalf of all your old friends at K9C

Comment

I am truly so very sorry for your losing sweet Sugar. Sugar was very lucky to have you for an owner/BFF. I understand and know that Sugar is irreplaceable and will always be in your heart. I trust she is at peace and surrounded by love.
                    Winnie - 25 lb poodle mix - diagnosed 12/1/17 - on 6 units Vetsulin 2x/day - Blue Buffalo Grain Free Chicken dry & wet mixed with 2 tbls. oatmeal - home test with Advocate meter

Comment

Sugar Lump,

I still miss you so. I listen for you to come 'thumping' down the hall. I know you were glad that Hankie came to be with you.

Love you both,
                      Mom

Comment

Working...
                      X