Ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ruby

Wonderful pictures. Love the ones where she is snuggling with you! How is your Maggie doing with Ruby's loss? Still loving the garden idea too - what a beautiful area you chose. Looking forward to seeing more pictures as you add to it.
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thank you for sharing the pictures - hard to pick a favorite - but I really like the one of her cuddling with you and the one of her cuddling with her sibling...
      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I wanted more Ruby pictures thanks! Love the one with you walking and her head on your shoulder. And the one of the 2 dogs on the bed.

RIP little Ruby
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks Patty. Oh, the bugs have been fierce. we have had about two or three weeks of rain, rain, rain. At least once a day things clear of and get nice and steamy. I am running the AC just to take the moisture out of the air.

Thanks Carol, nice to "see" you. Hard to pop in though and see somebody gone.

Thanks Tami, Judi and Holli. It felt like so many pictures, but I know how I eat up other people's pictures. Just wished I had shared more when she was around.

Holli, Maggie is fine. Nothing upsets that girl except a decrease in food or hotspots! She has blessedly been so healthy, but the time she got a hot spot I thought she would go insane.

My dad was visiting and I took him down to show him the garden. Doesn't look like much now, but I think he wanted to pay his respects to Ruby. He had a soft spot for her. She used to go with me down to his house whenever I visited him. Was the hardest thing for him not to give her food...his dog is a little sausage from all the garbage he feeds him. I loved that I had the megae/ diabetes excuse so he wouldn't be feeding Ruby ice cream all the time.

Tara
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Oh Tara! The pictures were beautiful! I loved how Ruby just put her head on your shoulder and your Maggie looks like my Monster!

Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
            Mel
            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Tara, I am so sorry to hear about your Ruby.
              I haven't been on here in a while. I didn't know.
              I hope Scoop has a new friend.
              Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Comment

I'm so very sorry , about the loss of your beloved Ruby. My heart goes out to you. She was so blessed to have all the love and care you have given her. My condolences .

Shelly
                Gilbert's mom
                Gilbert 9year old pug. 29 lbs. diag. 6/20/13. Novolin n 5 units 2xs a day , still adjusting. Blue Buffalo grain free/with chicken.

Comment

Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing with us

Comment

Tara,

Just viewed your pictures of Ruby, what a sweet girl you had the pleasure of having for a short while. Isn't that how we view it.... a short while. Gosh I wish they lived longer.

My fav too is you holding her, and the snuggly moments you had. I love Ruby's resting place.

Lifing you up

Barb
                    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Just wanted to let folks know I am headed off to Jim's family home in NY and won't be home until probably Sunday evening. Hopefully I will have access to wifi as I hate typing on my cell phone.

As Natalie said in her other thread though, if there aren't folks on due to the holiday or for whatever reason, just send out a private msg. and I will be happy to help. The PMs go right to my personal email.

I will have a happy little surprise when I come back. Bet you can't guess.

Tara
                      Tara in honor of Ruby.
                      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
                        I will have a happy little surprise when I come back. Bet you can't guess.

Tara
                        That's great!!! Can't wait to hear all about the "little surprise".
                        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

maybe a new puppy !

enjoy your trip you deserve it
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I will guess a dog - not a puppy - but a dog - perhaps a few years old. Maybe 25-30 pounds, rescue, cuddler.

Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I hope you have safe travels and a good time with family. And I look forward to learning more about your surprise upon your return !
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

have fun! x
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X