Sidney - Cushing's Dependent Diabetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sidney - Cushing's Dependent Diabetic

How lovely to see that Sidney is doing well!

Comment

Sounds as if she's doing well, as is. ... Happy to hear this, nice work!
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Re: Sidney - Diabetic/Addison's UPDATE and ??

Originally posted by Sunripenedsmile View Post
        Should I reduce how much food I give her to make her interested in dinner? I was thinking cutting it to 3/4c at each meal to see if this does the trick. Has anyone else dealt with this? She doesn't seem sick, just not hungry, at breakfast she eats the full cup in 5 minutes just for reference. Thank you for your insight!
        I went through this with my dog. She started losing interest in breakfast after gaining some weight back. I cut her food at each meal by 1/3 getting her close to her pre-diagnosis portion and it did the trick. I had to lower her insulin at the same time. I cannot remember by how much exactly, maybe 10 - 15% but my dog gets very little activity during the day so you would probably have to lower your dosage more.
        Snickers was an 18 year old Skye terrier mix. - Diagnosed 12-1-15. Angel status 4-21-19. She was a once in a lifetime dog that will always be in my heart.

Comment

I am hoping this is the answer, it makes me.feel so good that someone else has gone through it. Thank you!

Comment

I think it would be a good move. I always had the opposite problem - Maggie loved dinner but not breakfast so much. Just monitor in case you need to adjust insulin.
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Just an update! Thank you everyone, I reduced her food by 1/4 cup at each meal and it has done the trick. She is eating great and actually is gaining weight more steadily. ❤️❤️

Comment

Great news . Sometimes small adjustments makes a big difference
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
                X