Duncan McDougal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan McDougal

Exactly one year after we lost our Abby on New Year's Eve, my husband.... who said that he would never have another pup again, purchased a Westie from a local breeder. They were not born yet, but we had a promised of the first pick of the litter, and he thought I would want a female again.

The pups were born on January 20th, and we waited till we could visit, and this past Monday, we both decided that the only male in the litter will be ours. Ron, like he did with Abby, named the pup.... Duncan McDougal (Geez, what a mouthful).

For all of you that shared my sorrow, I would like to share some happiness. We are both excited for the new arrival.

I have uploaded some pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evarl7wle...D99s4g6ua?dl=0

Barb
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Re: Duncan McDougal

So happy to hear about little Duncan McDougal! Hoping he brings you many years of joy!
    Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Aww Barb congrats on the new addition!!!

What an amazing Scottish nane for him too.
      Hope the little guy brings u happiness and joy.

Allison
      Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

what a cutie

i think the name is appropriate but as we know we never call them by there real names unless they are in trouble

congrats barb on the new addition
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Love love love love love!!! Huge congrats!
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

What a cutie!

Craig
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

You have your own wee dude! He is cute times infinity. lucky boy
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Congrats, he is so sweet
                Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

A new baby boy!!! Barb, he is sooo soft and snugglie looking.

What a lucky little pup. I hope he brings lots of smiles and laughter to your lives.

No doubt he'll never replace Abby, but I hope he is able to steal a small piece of your hearts too. I bet she is watching from above and saying, 'good job mom & dad.'

Can't wait to hear lots of updates on little Mr. Duncan.
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Duncan will have a great home.
                    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                    Diabetes: Aug 2013
                    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Thanks everyone. We are very excited. With Ron being retired, and I working from home, I am sure he will have lots of attention. He is a laid back sort of guy (or at least we think so), but I am sure he has enough of a Westie attitude which will balance that out as he matures.

Abby has and always will have my heart, but I realize that there is alot of room in there for another. When we were selecting we were both looking to not replace Abby, but there was something missing in our lives, and realized that was another dog. I discussed having a rescue, but I think we needed the joy of having a puppy again.

Puppy pickup is March 13th.... Will post more at that time.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
                        Abby has and always will have my heart, but I realize that there is alot of room in there for another. When we were selecting we were both looking to not replace Abby, but there was something missing in our lives, and realized that was another dog. I discussed having a rescue, but I think we needed the joy of having a puppy again.

Barb
                        I understand. That's why/how I got Spirit. And she sure has changed my world!
                        Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

So adorable Barb! Congratulations
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Well we bought the little one home on Friday, now nicknamed Doogie, and our lives have never been the same. I had forgotten what energy a small puppy can have!! He is a ball of white fur hopping, skipping, running ... hmmm is he ever still... Well only when he is sleeping. Thankfully puppies do sleep a bit.

He has adjusted quite well, and we are in the process of establishing a routine. He slept through the first night, with a few wimpers when first placed in his crate, but after that... no problem.

I can say, that I am absolutely in love with the little guy. Later I will post some pictures.

Barb
                            Last edited by Abby's Mom; 03-18-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the world of puppyhood! Just wait until he's about 6 months old, when his need for sleep diminishes and his energy, if anything, increases. But it's hugely rewarding to watch them grow up. Too bad Doogie and Spirit can't have a play date :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X