10 yr old yellow lab- new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 yr old yellow lab- new here

Looks like her nadir is somewhere around hour 9 based on this curve. I think I'd try dropping her daytime dose a 1/2 to 1 unit to try to eliminate the 200 point span. It's possible she has some overlap in the evening that was pushing her PM dose lower. Then intervening or going too low may be creating the higher AM bg.
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Good Morning!
      Emma tested at 97 at 6pm last night. I didn't panic and give her a treat to bring it up. This morning it was 187 so i gave her her regular 21 units. I have to work today so I can't do another curve. I plan to test her sugar several times before bed though to see what it's looking like. I'm hoping it stays regulated and maybe I'll be able to cut the dose to 20 for daytime. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks Patty for your advice!
      I hope I can figure out this darned picture thing as well!!!

Karen

Comment

Since her fasting was so much lower this morning, I'd definitely cut her dose back to 20u. She's been starting out in the 300s and coming down 200 points so there isn't much room when she starts lower.

As far as a picture, are you trying to upload an avatar next to your name? Go to User CP at the top left, Click on Edit Avatar, then you can upload from your computer under option 2, click Save Changes at the bottom.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
        X