This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urine Sample Collection Tips

When urine testing with the Ketadiastix Lucy USED to be very good about letting me put the strip into her stream but lately she's decided she's tired of that drill & has started squatting really low so I can't get the strip where it needs to be.

Don't tell the wife but I swiped one of her big flat soup spoons. It just slides right under there & collects the specimen no muss no fuss. No wet fingers, either. Eeeew!

Rick

Re: Collecting the pee...

The spoon sounds like a good idea just don't invite me over for soup.

I started collecting from Buddy with a short broom handle that I had bolted a small flat bowl on. I got pretty good and could catch pee at 4 paces.

He did get used to me chasing him and eventually just let me do it by hand.....boys are so much easier.

Jenny

Comment

Pebbles was the pee queen She would pee on command I got a disposable cup and was right behind her Then I put the strip in the urine. I labeled the cup Pebbles pee pee Didn't want my husband to think it was a clean one!!
      Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

LOL, I use a glass that is short and wide I think its a Old Fashioned drink glass I got in my travels years ago. Never thought I would use it for this.
        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

OMG, this post cracked me up!! I used to use a soup ladel (ladle....which is it?) with Cat. Haven't tried it with Maggie.
          Melinda & Maggie,14 yr. old mixed breed adopted in August 2001. Novilin N, 18u 2x a day; Alpo and Beneful canned food; she's getting up there, but doing alright! Blind, deaf, arthritic, but diabetes is well controlled.

Comment

Thank God for Baker's Square Pie House. We use pie pans. The little dickens can't squat low enough for that!!

Comment

I can't believe you could get a cat to let you collect urine... now that's impressive.

Comment

Re: Urine Sample Collection Tips

http://www.ehow.com/video_5538840_co...ample-dog.html

How to collect a urine sample from your dog-eHow Video by a veterinarian.

Comment

Working...
                X