4 year old Rottie Not Eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year old Rottie Not Eating

My female rottie Sophie hasn't been eating well lately and I cant figure out what's wrong. She is buddies with Dutch. She is not spayed. In the last couple years she has been putting on a lot of weight during heat cycles. We did a lot of exercising and cut back her food intake and she lost a lot of weight, but gained some back again.

What im worried about though is that she hasn't been eating right the last few weeks, she won't eat her dog food, tried different bags thinking mabey it was stale or something, tried mixing in snacks, she wont eat. she will only eat human food when I throw it to her like pieces of steak or parts of sandwich's and things and acting like she is hungrey then. she hasn't been touching her dogfood.

she has a hotspot on her neck that is starting to heal up, and have had fleas really bad, I just gave her another flea bath because she has been crawling....

Re: 4 year old Rottie Not Eating

I tend to take an abrupt refusal to eat pretty seriously. While it's not a very informative symptom, it does tell you something is up. Anything from colitis, a blockage, to pyometra (very serious), liver or kidney problems could be going on.

My best advice is a thorough vet exam ASAP.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
    X