Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: I didnt disappear..

Hi there thank for that info......
its funny when I it here to answer i right away get antsy for a cigarette....
But earlier i did sign on to a quit smoking forum.....
Just hearing those people really did help... and I didn't look to smoke....
But the minute I got here i did... Its a brain thing... Have to break the pattern...
Lifesign..I will look that up... sounds good... Ill Google it.
I'm going through HEAVY with drawl to night... My chest is tight ... my ears are all stuffed up and I'm very disoriented at times.... What the heck is in these things ? I feel like a drug addict with these feelings........
Thanks for your support.....
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Founding Member

Hi Johanna,

Sorry your having a rough time with it. A couple of weeks after my husband quit he told me that he didn't understand why people say they feel so much better when they quit smoking - he just always felt lousy - but now that has passed - I guess it takes awhile for all the withdraw symptoms to pass.

As for me you would think I could give up those last 4 cigarettes but I can't. When I decided to quit I was going to use the chantix - even had the prescription filled but after I saw how my husband was reacting to the drug I decided to do it on my own. Since I was smoking around 10 cigs a day I decided to cut out 1 each week - well I got it down to 4 and I'm stuck there. Have to say every now and then I have 5 or 6 but more often it's 4 a day. They say you have to really want to quit so I guess I really don't want to.

Scott - thanks for that info - I'm going to look into it. How long did it to take for you to quit?

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart
Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Founding Member

Hi Johanna,
Congratulations on getting this far!!
My husband tried several times over a period of 10 years to quit smoking and each time he would start back up. He would vomit with the stress of quitting. The last time he tried it, he was so grouchy after a month that I said I was going to go out and buy him some more!! He said...in a very snarky voice...
"Thanks for your support" and never started up smoking again!! (He's very competitive and I know he just wanted to show me that he could do it.) That was 15 years ago.
You'll do it too!!
Take care,
Jo-Ann & Lady
Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Interim CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmom06 View Post
Hi Johanna,

Scott - thanks for that info - I'm going to look into it. How long did it to take for you to quit?

Two weeks Lynne, after the handheld thing told me I had smoked my last cigarette I have not had another.

Check it out, it is a good program.

Best to you all, it is a very hard habit to leave behind. Scott