Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abby

I am glad your other cat is better now.
    Sending positive and healing thoughts your way and Abby. Enjoy every moment.

Comment

I know this is so hard. Scratch her ears for me and I'm sorry. Judi
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cebe View Post
        Yeah, perhaps they don't feel physical pain soul-deep like we can.

I'm noticing inches of decline. She's still somewhat peppy and alert, but she tires out a lot faster since even Friday and she will hyperventilate sooner after exertion. I am watching her and petting and loving on her. I'm so glad I waited and allowed us more time, but I do think her time is very near.

On a different note, my otherwise healthy, if not obese, kitty presented to me shivering and miserable last night. So, I put a call into the vet for him. 104.4 fever and vomiting. Friggin' great, right? Just what I needed. Well, I decided to wait overnight before taking him to the vet, and luckily it was a good plan because he is much better this morning. 102 degrees, which is normal for a cat. So, hopefully crisis averted there. Poor little guy. He was convalescing last night at 3am in my bed when Zoe, the diabetic dog, decided the thunder and lightening was too much for her, and had to be on the bed, too. What a night. I'm done in.

Thanks again for all of your support. I will keep you updated.
        Never rains but it pours! Thoughts are with you and happy that things are still going ok! Hugs!!!
        Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

To all, thank you so much for your support and advice during this difficult time. I took Abby to the vet today and had her put to sleep. Her breathing had become very labored and I felt it was for the best. My mom and I buried her in my back yard, and so she can now rest in peace under the Persimmon tree.

Goodbye sweet Abby May.

Again, thank you. It was so comforting to have this forum available when I needed it.
          Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

My heart goes out to you. Abby is at peace now, and she is no longer in pain. I hope Audrey and Abby become friends at the Rainbow Bridge. Abby was really lucky to have you as a mom.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss with your Abby. My heart too goes out to you, and know that she is at a good place. She is at peace, and no longer in pain. What a brave and unselfish act to know when the time is right.
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Glad she is at home now and at peace.
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by HarrysMom View Post
                  My heart goes out to you. Abby is at peace now, and she is no longer in pain. I hope Audrey and Abby become friends at the Rainbow Bridge. Abby was really lucky to have you as a mom.
                  She will be waiting.
                  Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

I'm so sorry. hugs
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so hard to fine the right words at times like this. Just know she is not in any pain now. I know that words don't always help at the time. Just remember all the good times you had with her.
                      Carol Ü

Comment

Thank you all.

I changed my avatar to a picture of Abby in a box (that was too small for her).

Comment

So sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you. We are never prepared, even though we know it's coming.

I hope the good memories will soon begin healing the hurt you now feel.

Love and ((hugs)),

Mary
                          Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                          Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                          Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

What a sweet little face she has! I'm so sorry you lost her today! I've no words...I know you miss her and will every day. Good memories! Take care and hug your babies! Hugs to you!
                            Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. As you said, she'll be waiting for you.

Hugs,
                              Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

I have been following your thread hoping I wouldn't be reading about this so soon.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Those furbabies, however small they are, leave a huge hole in your heart when they leave. Fill it with the good memories and take good care of yourself.

Louise

Comment

Working...
                                X