Hello and Betsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello and Betsy

Thanks Bill and Mandy. Yes, she's here!!!! Yesterday was a very long day of 8hrs. on the road to pick her up. She is every bit as wonderful as I KNEW she would be. Now I know why I have ended up with a dog from Russia of all places. Because this dog was meant to be here.

She and Charlie got in a bit of a scuffle when they first met, but are settling in nicely. Right now she is upstairs sleeping with my son which is something he,s been wanting for a long time. Basil gets very particular about how blankets are tucked and where pillows and stuffed animals are placed. I forgot to do any tucking and placing as we were cuddling with Betsy. I realized I had forgot and turned back to do it before realizing Basil wasn't asking for it. I didn't need to do it, he felt safe enough with Betsy in his arms.

In the next couple of days I will get some photos of her in my album....for what it's worth. Realizing again how hard it is to photograph a black dog.

Bill, I think those are Shar Pei crosses in those pics. I didn't see any pics of pugs. Some of the pictures just break your heart as many homeless dog photos do, but the ones of homeless puppies undo me. I hope you are doing well and it's nice to talk to you again.

Tara
    Tara in honor of Ruby.
    She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
    Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Aww, I'm glad she's doing well.
      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

yay for betsy
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

it sounds like things are going very well. Definitely meant to be. I'm so glad she is already having a good effect with you son.
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

When will you be starting her "English as a 2nd Language" lessons?
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Congratulations, Tara. She is one lucky pup. Keep us posted and update many pictures.

Barb
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

So happy for you and your new addition!
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Hello! How's your pup now? Looking for Betsy new adventure.

Comment

Working...
                  X