Munchie–11 yr. old MiniSchnauzer - Earned his wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Munchie–11 yr. old MiniSchnauzer–Just Diagnosed

Hope you both get a good nights sleep and tomorrow is a better day.

Jake
    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Special prayers tonight for Munchie and you. This stuff can be so draining on us as caregivers...even just the emotional toll, which is huge.

Really hope he feels better.

My trick for making the sub qs quicker is I would actually squeeze the bag, really hard. We used a small needle for Ruby's comfort so the bag needed a big squeeze.

Tara
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Louise

Poor Munchie and you . Hope he starts to feel better after some sleep. You need to look after yourself too. Munchie is so lucky to have you as his Mum. Thinking of you and hoping he improves today.
        hugs xxx
        Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Munchie passed away in my arms at 4:40 a.m.

Louise
          Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Oh, Louise, the tears are streaming down my face. I'm so sorry for your loss! You did everything you could for Munchie and I'm sure he knows and appreciated it. Glad you were there to provide him comfort as he made the transition to the rainbow bridge. Wishing there was something I could say that would provide you comfort but I'm certain your heart is breaking at this time. Thinking of you! Holli
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh no!

I'm so very very sorry for your loss - but am very thankful that you were with him to comfort him.

Hugs to you....

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney
              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh Louise, I am so sorry. How you two struggled for so long with the cancer even before the diabetes. Poor guy just couldn't do it anymore. Your staggering grief will be twofold as I know his recent care must have consumed most of your waking hours. Nothing to do now except try to bear the pain.....
                I am glad for you and Munchie that he was home and he was in your arms.
                I hope you come here whenever you want a shoulder to cry on.

Tara
                Tara in honor of Ruby.
                She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Louise, I'm so sorry to hear this. You did everything possible for your little angel and I'm sure he knows that.

Godspeed to Munchie and many prayers for you. No doubt, you'll be reunited one day in a better place.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so so sorry to hear this. You did everything you could for your adorable little guy. I'm glad he was in your arms. RIP Munchie. You were one loved doggy.

hugs, Judi
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

he will be missed but never forgotten you did everything for him and got him to a place for sometime that you both enjoyed and that is always a bonus

god speed munchie
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Re: Munchie–11 yr. old MiniSchnauzer - Earned his wings

Oh Louise, my heart aches for you. I am so sorry to hear of Munchie's passing. I've been away from home and had to catch up a bit. What a wonderful caregiver you've been. I know the exhaustion, worry and pain of not being able to do more to help our pups. I wished so much I could "fix" what wasn't fixable for Ali. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                        Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. It's obvious that he could not have been loved any more than he was. Thinking of you.

Comment

Oh Louise,

I am so sorry for your loss of Munchie. It breaks my heart everytime we lose one of our sweet fighters... and he sure was. You did everything you could for that sweet guy of yours.

Hugs,
                            Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Oh Louise,
                              I am in tears right now... I got to know you and Munchie so well over the forum the last couple of months. Munchie was so lucky to have you in his life, you cared so deeply for him. I know Munchie will be waiting for you at the bridge and one day the both of you will be togather again. Until then try and remember those days filled with laughter and fun.
                              It was an honor to know Munchie and I will always remember him.
                              Hugs and prayers
                              Dawn and Bogie
                              Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

Dearest Louise, your whole k9cushings family is grieving your loss, too. We will never, ever forget Munchie and all the smiles and tears that have been part of our journey together.

Sending you my thoughts and prayers from across the miles.

Always in loving memory of your precious brave boy ~
                                Always in loving memory of our Munchie ~

Marianne

Comment

Working...
                                X