buba's test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buba's test

Went to the vet thursday and his glucose was still 441 , he upped the insuline to 6 units twice a day. Got him finally "somewhat"accepting feeding 12 hours apart. So we are hoping this new dose will do it. I am feeding him Benecul weigh control but it has a lot of corn in it.Think pedigree weight control would do better?I live in a small town about 45 hours away from the nearest petsmart. Checking his BG again next thursday.By the way ,he did looze a pound he weighs 16.5 now.Two pounds down from before,diet is working.

Re: buba's test

if the dog enjoys eating the food and insulin works with it that is a plus even the prescription foods doesnt read very well

Is the vet adjusting the dose off one number 441 that does not give you enough information. multiple tests throughout the day is required to get a more complete picture and base the dose on the lowest blood sugar of the day
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I just wanted to let you know I copied your post to Bubba's thread in the main discussion forum so people can read and respond to his progress there

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2731
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thank you, I'm new as you know so I do not know how to use this site. Latest on bubba is that he's taken to growling and snarling and actually trying to bite me when he sees me coming with that needle.I think the 6 units twice a day is working there he pees and drinks less. But those battles are awful.I had to just plunge the needle in his butt this morning ,he was not going to let me do this gently. Will the insuline still work if you have to do it this way?

Comment

Working...
        X