Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eddie - leg weakness/ neuropathy

Yay for Eddie!
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Eddie - leg weakness/ neuropathy

Antonia,
      Congrats on 2 years!!! Yeah, the "itchies" are so hard to manage. Hoping the Apoquel is back in stock soon!

As far as the picture, if it is located elsewhere on the web (like Dropbox, Walmart, or other photo based album) just right click to copy then paste it in the body of the message box here. If adding to your album here on k9, you can click on the User CP at top left of the page. Then Pictures & Albums, and upload to your album from your computer. After that you can link to that page or copy/paste. Hope that helps!
      Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

• Re: Eddie - Happy Two-year sugarversary Oct 2014!

Happy two year sugarversary to Eddie & you. What an amazing journey the two of you have been on, especially considering the grim news in the beginning. Thrilled that the medical community was wrong and that Eddie is enjoying life! He's lucky to have you as such a great advocate.
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Happy Second Sugarversary, Eddie! May you have many, many more!!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Happy sugarversary!
            Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Congratulations
              Brooke- aka Sidney's Best Friend

Comment

Congratulations Mister Eddie
                Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

• Re: Eddie - Happy Three-year sugarversary Oct 2015!

We have recently gone past Eddie's three year anniversary since he was diagnosed. We have also this past week just had the three year anniversary of the vet scanning and x-raying him and telling us that he had less than three weeks to live...

He's now 11 and a half, hasn't been able to see for years (issues with his eyes before he got diabetes) but he still enjoys ball games and running around with us and bossing us and all the other dogs around. We are noticing that he is sleeping a bit more than he used to and is slowing down a bit but we are ok with that at his age.

I say it on every anniversary but we will always be grateful to this forum for giving us the hope to carry on with him when he couldn't even stand up on his own and was getting thinner by the day.

And I have tried to include a recent picture of him in this but am not sure if it will work!

Antonia
                  Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Nice photo and report.

Craig
                    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

What a handsome fella!

Congrats to you BOTH on a spectacular milestone! It pays to be good partners You two work well together. Keep it up!

Three cheers for many more milestones!

Tami
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

that is a great picture of Eddie! Black dogs can be so hard to capture on film.
                        Congrats to all of you! Eddie has helped a lot of dogs in the same situation!
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks!

It's odd that even after three years I still feel a bit as if we are muddling along together, and I am just grateful that so far it has worked out ok for him even if we have had a few inexplicable highs and some scary lows along the way. This forum is such a help.

Antonia
                          Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

yes i think we all muddle and that never ends

congrats to a handsome boy
                            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Re: Eddie - Happy Three-year sugarversary Oct 2015!

What an incredible photo of Mr. Eddie!!! Such a handsome boy. And many many congrats on passing three years with diabetes! I'm not often happy when a vet is wrong, but definitely in this case!!

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Thanks!

It's odd that even after three years I still feel a bit as if we are muddling along together, and I am just grateful that so far it has worked out ok for him even if we have had a few inexplicable highs and some scary lows along the way. This forum is such a help.

Antonia
                                That pretty much sums it up LOL
                                Congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X