Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Camellia Camelo

Carol, just made my comment. It is "awaiting moderation," which I suspect means they edit for content to avoid injurious statements.

Good luck!!!

Mary
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Camellia Camelo - Contest - we're in the running!

just left mine Congratulations Carol! and bless kumbi
Old 10-04-2011, 09:05 PM

I left my reply...and strangely, Hank was able to leave one, too. Of course...he can't read so I had to read it to him but he loved it! He wanted to vote so much I let him use my other email address.

Hugs!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Hrm...Hank's reply took mine away. Darn. Will have to do at work. I'm on it!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Arrow Re: Camellia Camelo

Ah, so they are strict. Haha!

I think if I "have to be" in a contest where votes get drummed up, this is a nice way to do it. You can't just vote, you have to SAY something. And they check for fairness.

Goodness knows, my (non-)experience with Trupanion has been good; for instance, they lowered my premium rate a few dollars, because prices were dropping in my area. At that point, I went for extended coverage in case Camellia ever got lost. So I end up paying just a few dollars more than before, per month.

After my difficulties raising money to care for Kumbi, and sometimes, wondering if I'd have to let him die because of no money, I decided never to face that with another dog again if I could possibly help it, so that's when I looked at various pet insurance companies. Chose Trupanion partly, or even mostly, because they have a reputation for being hassle-free, and for paying up promptly.

I was supposed to be going to bed

YES MUMMY! come ON!

Okay, sweetie; here I come!
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:06:48
Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Shell - I'm not comfortable with one person (or one dog) leaving more than one comment - read - vote.

One reason I chose Trupanion was their evident total fairness - no hedging. So I'd like to keep that going!

If you have friends who might be interested in reading the story and leaving a comment, maybe you could tell them about it!

Thanks to you - and Hank - for voting!

I guess they've put things away for the night, as some people say they've voted, but their comments haven't shown up yet.

Going back to bed - old hip injury got me up!

Love ya,
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:18:52 (PDT)
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 PM

No worries Carol! I'll go poke friends to read and vote! I'm sure they'll think your story is as wonderful as I do! Hugs and sleep well!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 AM

Left my reply..... spelling mistakes and all

Best of luck Carol

Hugs
Allison xx
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Shell - thanks for understanding! Mary - I guess you signed as "Evelyn," is that right? I thought I recognized the content of what you said.

The web people apparently will have quite a few comments to check out a bit later today.

I can see that one of the entries is located in a really major city, with a big hospital, and that one has tons of entries - not surprising - so it'll be a job for me to win this one!

So if you people have friends who might like to read the story, and comment, please give them the link. Repeating the link for your convenience:

http://blog.trupanion.com/2011/10/tr...inalist-kumbi/

I so very much appreciate all of you who have left comments so far - Allison - so good to hear from you again; how is Alfie doing? I think of you often!

Meantime, it's Camellia's breakfast-time - but - wouldn't you know; she is now DELAYING eating her breakfast. Yesterday - one p.m.! Maybe it's the season. I'm so lucky she isn't diabetic! All the same, I'd prefer she eat 12 hours apart, and we'll see how it goes, if I can encourage her to eat nearer 6:30 a.m.!

Love, hugs, licks and wags,
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 06:36:13 (PDT)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM

Aha; Camellia is making a liar out of me; YAY! Eating breakfast now, quite enthusiastically!

Peggy - I'm honored that you were able to take the time to comment on Kumbi's entry. You and MaryLea were the first to get in.

The Bev who is there helped with the breeding that produced Camellia. An associate breeder, Gail, collected Camellia from where she was whelped, chose her as pick of the litter. She lived with Gail. Bev hosted Camellia for a week before, at age 3, she was spayed - and after the spay, she returned to Gail. But - SOMETHING went wrong at spay-time.

From all Gail tells me, Camellia bit coming out of anaesthesia, and the vet tech punished her for that - result - Camellia (at the time, known as TJ, for Tijuana Mi Amor) - trauma.

Bev went over this history with me last night, and I learned a bit more about Camellia's background that way.

So, Camellia actually polished off her breakfast today - relief!

I surely hope all your diabetic dogs typically do the same - most days, anyway! I never had a problem with Kumbi wanting to eat! I was spared that.

(ramble, ramble!)

Wed, 5 Oct 2011 06:47:28 (PDT)