Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Niki's story

Hi everyone,

Niki is still waggin! She's slowed down alot but she's still jumping up in the SUV, always excited when she hears her leash, eating well, all good signs.

My mom is still ill, ah.....life just throws you one curve after another.

Dolly & Niki
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Glad to hear some good news about Niki, she is amazing. You should be proud of what you have been able to accomplish. Sorry to hear about your mum.

Jenny

Comment

Hi dolly

its so good to hear from you. glad nikki is hanging in there. she is a real trooper!! hope your mom feels well soon dolly. keep in touch
        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Dolly,
          Good to hear from you. Glad Niki is still waggin' .
          I'm sorry to hear your mom's still having trouble.
          Keep us posted,
          Patty
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Nice to hear from you Dolly

I am glad Niki is still enjoying life give her a hug from Lucy and Me

I am sorry your Mum is still not too well, you do well Dolly looking after her

Hugs to you all.

Margaret
            Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Hey Dolly! I really miss you when you're not here; always look forward to news of you and Niki.

Sounds as though Niki is really hanging in there well! Good for her, and good for you!

Hope your mum improves - gets better - really rooting for you.

Love and hugs,

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:36:32 (PDT)
              http://www.coherentdog.org/
              CarolW

Comment

Hi all,

Just an update, Niki doing ok, debating on getting her rabies shot, I always had it done, but don't know now that she's older and the problems I had getting her bg back on track after her eye surgery. We gotta go to the vet for nail trim too I guess I will decide when I get there, just don't know.

Dolly
                Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Hey, Dolly! To repeat myself, I really miss you when you're not here!

I'd talk the rabies question over with my vet. A lot depends on how much of it is around where you live. The current accepted protocol is a shot every three years, but some people say if a dog gets rabies vaccine as a pup, and then a year later, no more is needed for the dog's lifetime.

I did keep Kumbi up with rabies shots. He never had any obvious problems with shots - vaccines, that is. Hey, nor insulin, either! Once or twice he threatened to hypo, but never did.

Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:38:01 (PDT)
                  http://www.coherentdog.org/
                  CarolW

Comment

Dolly,
                    Good to hear from you! Let us know how the visit goes. There are a lot of opinions on the rabies vaccine. I think Carol covered it well.

I think next time Ali's due I'll pull a titer on her and see what her antibody level is. If it shows sufficient, I may bypass and ask my vet to write us a letter of exemption. She has had a reaction before.

Take care,
                    Patty
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Niki's eye started running we'll be going to the vet, her eyes have never teared or ran before............

I haven't gotten her rabies shot yet, Talk to the vet ?

She always received the 3 yr shot, she's just getting older and thats what concerns me. We had titers done last year for the other vaccines, she didn't need to get the vaccines again.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Dolly

Comment

Originally posted by eyelostit View Post
                        Niki's eye started running we'll be going to the vet, her eyes have never teared or ran before............
                        I had that same problem with my Robbie. Although a white dog, I've never ever (in 12 years) had any problem with eyes running. It started in one, then went to the other as well. Really running...quite wet.

He had been diagnosed as diabetic for about a year at that time.

He was already on Optimmune 2X daily for dry eye, but she said that wasn't it. That it was, more than likely, an allergy that had developed that he hadn't had before. I treated it cosmetically and to keep it from getting infected...kept it as clean as I could.

Then, seems like all of the sudden, it stopped. No clue why, but it just stopped and he hasn't had a problem with it since.

Here's a "Then" and "Now."

Hope Niki's eyes clear up for you!

Comment

Dolly,
                          Let us know how it goes...

That is quite a difference in Robbie. Wonder what the trigger was.
                          Patty

Comment

Hi Dolly,

Sorry to hear that Niki is having problems. Let us know what the vet has to say. Hugs to you and Niki.
                            Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Hey Dolly,

Good news hopefully for Niki
                              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Me too...just checking in on you both....(((HUGS)))

Comment

Working...
                                X