In Memory of Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory of Chris

Natalie, fondly remembering Chris' life today, the challenges that you and Chris overcame, but most importantly all the happiness that you gave him; and of course, all the "hammies". He will always be a special part of your heart. May all your memories bring you some comfort today.

Hugs
    Irene and Abby and Amber

Re: In Memory of Chris

Oh Natalie,
    I can't believe a whole year has passed by since Chris' passing. I think of the both of you so often. And all the inspiration you've brought to all of us battling canine diabetes. Hope your memories are bringing you comfort today,
    Jo-Ann & Lady

Comment

Today is very hard... I miss that boy so much.

Thank you so much Irene for thinking of us today.

We are heading up to our land in the foothills, one of Chris' favorite places when he was younger. Today we take Jack for the first time.

Natalie

Comment

Natalie what a beautiful picture of Chris you still have your precious memories.

Just to let you know I am thinking about you.

Hugs to you all.
        Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

He is so handsome. So sorry for you today Natalie. No words can help I know, but thinking of you.
          Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

such a handsome guy :-)

it's never easy is it. you never get over it, you just get more used to it.

hugs from

snow <--person
            Devon<--dog
            he'd lick you

Comment

Natalie,
              What a beautiful picture of Chris! They become such a special part of us. Thinking of you today...
              Patty
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

i agree. that is such a great picture. i'm thinking of you today as well. <3

Comment

Natalie,

Chris is always right there with you--in your heart and because of that, your heart had room enough in it for Jack.

You don't stop loving them no matter how many years it's been.

Kathy

Comment

Dear Natalie,
                    I didn't have the privilege of knowing Chris or his story but know that my heart aches for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

His picture is beautiful.

John (Roxee's Dad)

Comment

What a handsome boy, and very special in so many ways.

My thoughts are also with you and your husband today, Natalie ...

(((hugs)))

Comment

Natalie,

I am a day late. I, too, think about Chris along with you, but not just at this time. He was your sweet boy and he was a courageous soul that has left his legacy to all of us in learning how to deal with diabetes.

Chris lives on in your heart and he lives in our hearts too. Thank you for sharing everything you do and allowing us to know Chris.

I hope you found a good day today with Jack. He, too, is another very lucky boy!

Julie
                        My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Comment

Nat,

What a beautiful picture of Chris. He sure was a handsome boy. Thinking of you and sending special hugs your way.
                          Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                            Today is very hard... I miss that boy so much.

Thank you so much Irene for thinking of us today.

We are heading up to our land in the foothills, one of Chris' favorite places when he was younger. Today we take Jack for the first time.

Natalie
                            He's so very very handsome. Thank you for sharing all of your learnings with us. We SO appreciate all you do for this group. I hope you enjoyed your time in the foothills yesterday with Jack.

Tami & Soaphie
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Thanks all for your kind thoughts... we talked a lot about Chris yesterday and had a good trip up to the foothills. We hadn't been up there since Chris' health started to more seriously fail so it had been a couple of years.

There's a little one-car picnic area just down the hill from our land with a nice, slow moving stream through it and lots of shade and Jack got to do some wading so he could cool off and rinse the dust off.

Jack was so "on" from the moment we exited the freeway to the moment we got back on it... he was exhausted by the time we got home.

From Chris' birth with a heart defect to his winding up at only four or five months of age in the pound with fleas, ticks, worms, and kennel cough on top of the heart defect, to diabetes and severe heart disease, he always went forward with grace and good humor. He was the most patient of souls with everyone and everything and took life in stride, whatever it dished out.

It has been a long time since I could lay my hands on his fur and my heart aches every time I think about him. I know he was happy and that we got him through a lot, made it possible for him to live to old age. But it's never long enough.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                              X