Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

Oh Rick! Thank you thank you thank you for the update and pics! I am so happy for "our" Lucy!

Just think, only about nine months ago she came really close to being euthanised for no good reason and now there she is all cozy in a comfy chair with her beautiful brown eyes and her pretty pink collar and her toys and in the arms of her very own people who love her so much that they would do anything and everything for her.

Next time you see Lucy and Dr. Dave and Connie (and I'm guessing that you will see them again ) please give Lucy a hug from me, her Canadian "Aunt", and please give Dr. Dave and Connie a hug from me too, if you can. I'm so glad that we found you and that you found them for Lucy and that they fell in love with her!

Sometimes, life is very good.

Comment

OMG, Lucy looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for updating us and thanks Cushy for the heads up. I am more than verklempt and I don't even know what that means.

Hey Rick, we (Jenna and I) have done adoption clinics at Petco in Anaheim Hills. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these weekends.
      Last edited by Lulusmom; 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lulusmom View Post
        OMG, Lucy looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for updating us and thanks Cushy for the heads up. I am more than verklempt and I don't even know what that means.

Hey Rick, we (Jenna and I) have done adoption clinics at Petco in Anaheim Hills. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these weekends.
        There is a whole group of people responsible for Lucy being where she's at today.

Everything happens for a reason. If I hadn't been laid off from my job I doubt I would have felt capable of taking her on.

Right now I am fostering a Cattle Dog/Border Collie mix for www.Love4canines.org. They are at the Anaheim Hills Petco every Saturday. Now that my foster Buddy has been neutered I'll be going up there as often as I can.

Rick

Comment

Hi rick,
          Thank you so much for the pics and the update. It's so good to read some happy "tails". I am happy Lucy has a good forever home.

Just think, only about nine months ago she came really close to being euthanised for no good reason and now there she is all cozy in a comfy chair with her beautiful brown eyes and her pretty pink collar and her toys and in the arms of her very own people who love her so much that they would do anything and everything for her.
          And I do remember how close she came to being euthanised. You are her guardian angel You made my heart feel good today

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pictures Rick!!

LOL Lucy always looks like she's being held against her will when anyone tries to take a photo holding her! Like it's all she can do from bursting free and running around.

How's Buddy doing?

Natalie

Comment

• New photo...

I forwarded the Vetsulin recall info to Dave & Connie. Lucy is not on Vetsulin...and they sent me this new pic of Lucy. She always was a very serious girl, but is that a bit of a Cattle Dog grin?

Look at those eyes.... sniff..

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
              How's Buddy doing?
              Natalie
              Buddy's doing great. I am going to declare him housetrained! No accidents in a long while.
              He is doing great on our walks. He used to get really freaked out by traffic noise on Main St. but he's much better. We actually had a fire engine & ambulance go by with sirens blasting & he was pretty good about it.

He's really started participating in play with the other dogs, too. OMG... Buddy is one enormous klutz, tho!

We will probly be going up to the adoption event in Pamona the 14th.

Rick
              Last edited by Fishslayer; 11-05-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

So sweet...and those beautiful, clear brown eyes
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

She's so beautiful!
                  Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

There's our girl! She looks SO healthy! Remember how skinny she was when you first got her?

I'm glad to hear Buddy's doing well. I will have to go see if his adoption picture is up.

Natalie

... there he is!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=14794428

Comment

• Re: New photo...

Lucy looks fabulous!!! What great eyes. I bet your proud Rick
                      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Lucy looks terrific, nice to hear from you Rick
                        Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Hi Rick,

I ran across some Diamondback Drug receipts for her insulin last week while cleaning house so I've been thinking about her a lot lately. She looks wonderful doesn't she? Thanks so much for the update and good luck with finding a forever home for Buddy. My latest foster is a little Cairn Terrier that is as cute as can be. She was dumped at the shelter with five newborns. All babies have been adopted and now it's mom's turn to find a forever home. She was spayed and had dental two weeks ago so I am taking her to the groomers in the morning in preparation for her debut at the adoption clinic on Sunday. Good luck to all of us.

Hugs,
                          Glynda

P.S. In case you haven't peeked in at k9cushings, check out two little ones that are near and dear to my heart. I'll be taking them to a veterinary convention and trade show tomorrow where they have receipt a special admittance pass.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333

Comment

• Happy Gotcha Day!

I sent Lucy a letter today CO Dr. David & Connie.

Dear Lucy,

Happy Gotcha Day!

Today is the first anniversary of your arrival at your forever home. I think of you every day and give thanks for all the people who helped bring you into my life and for the wonderful humans who took you into theirs and who love you very much. They are nice enough to send me pictures and let me know how you are doing.

You will always have a special place in my heart, Lucy. I tell people about you all the time and tell them that you are one of those companions that, if a human is really lucky, comes along once in a lifetime.

I'm all verklempt now.

Rick

Comment

Awe, I love that Rick

How are you doing?

Patty
                              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Oh Rick! Now I'm all verklempt too! But I'm the happy kind of verklempt, if you know what I mean.

I think about Lucy and her beautiful brown eyes so often and I'm sure that she's happy in her forever home. I think about you, too. I know you must miss her.

I'd love to see any recent pictures that you might be able to post and would love to hear any Lucy news, too, if/when you hear from Dr. Dave and Connie.

Comment

Working...
                                X