Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starting Over With Ozzi...Need Advice

Hi Kevin

i just couldn't believe it when I saw the title of your thread. I am so so sorry to hear Ozzi is gone. I know how difficult it is to let them go. It sounds like he had a last day just like Forbin. The vet said she thought the cancer had gone to his spine and he couldn't move either. Ozzi brought you so much joy and love; you have his memories that will last forever. there were many well loved friends to meet him at the bridge where he'll wait for you, healthy and happy and running free.

God bless kevin
    Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

• Re: Ozzi is gone... August 15, 2010

Kevin,

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss of your buddy, Ozzi. If the Creator screwed up, it may have been granting such short lives to our beloved furry companions.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Kevin,

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your precious Ozzi. I know how hard it is to make that final decision. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest sympathy.
        Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Dear Kevin,

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart sank when I opened your thread. Like the others have said, it is so very hard to let them go, but it is the most loving gift we can give them. You gave Ozzie a wonderful life and you two shared a bond that cannot be broken.

Chloe and I send you healing thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
          Heidi and Chloe

Comment

Kevin,

My heartfelt sympathies to you on the loss of your precious Ozzi.

I got such a shock when I saw your thread, you have been absolutely a great caring and compassionate Guy.

Ozzie knew he was truly loved, you looked after him really well.
            It is hard just now Kevin but you will treasure all the lovely memories you had with Ozzie.

He is free of pain now and running free, no words can take the hurt and ache away Kevin.
            My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs

Margaret
            Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Kevin, I can't begin to put into words how sorry I am to hear of Ozzi's passing. You have been the most wonderful and dedicated dad to him, done everything humanly possible to give him the best quality of life - there's just nothing more you could have done. I've been in your shoes, and I know how painful that last step is, but we do it because we understand it's the best thing for them.

I know that your wonderful and cherished memories of Ozzi will help to sustain you over the coming days and months. You will certainly be in my thoughts and my prayers.

I do hope you stay with the forum and help those of us who still count on your good advice and support.

Carolyn
              Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

Hello my friends,

I wanted to let you know that I have read all of your messages, and I am sincerely overwhelmed by your very kind words of condolences and support. I honestly cannot think of a nicer tribute to Ozzi, and to me, than reading the words you have written. You will never know how much I appreciate it, and how much it has helped me.

Today was difficult. I missed Ozzi's impatience while I got his meal, and all his pills together. I missed testing his blood, drawing up the insulin, and giving him his shot. I missed helping him down the stairs. I missed talking to him when I did the dishes. I missed him waiting for me at the top of the stairs when I got home. I just missed taking care of him. My friends think I should feel relieved, but they don't understand. For me, Ozzi's illnesses brought us closer than ever, and I am grateful for having had the opportunity to care for him over the past year.

I know we all deal with things differently, and I have read where many of us have kept the insulin of our pets who have passed for a time in the refrigerator. For me, it was too hard. I had to throw out the bottle. I returned his Blue Buffalo as well, and I'm in the process of giving away his pain medications. They were reminders I didn't want around. I did make a collage of his pictures as a screen saver, which is a reminder that works better for me.

I'm happy to report that Abby is doing very well. I know that she is aware that Ozzi is not here, but I think she doesn't know it's a permanent thing yet, even though they have never spent any time apart for almost 14 years. My cat Zakk, on the other hand, is missing Ozzi terribly. He is looking around the house, whining, and sniffing various areas such as Ozzi's bed and where he used to lay next to me at the computer. Zakk loved Ozzi, even if the feelings weren't exactly reciprocated!

As for me, I am okay. I miss my best friend terribly. I have come to the conclusion that having Ozzi in my life for all these years is worth the pain I am feeling right now. I wish it didn't hurt so much, but that is the price of lost love. I know you all understand this.

Again, I am truly overwhelmed by your responses to Ozzi's death. I think when you join this forum, your dog becomes a "community" dog. I remember how badly I felt for Peggy, Carol and Marie when Forbin, Kumbi and Bruno passed. It hurt as though it were my dog. And that's how I read your messages. I am proud that Ozzi was internationally known and loved by so many besides me!!

I love you all,
                Kevin
                Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

As I sit here crying i know your heart is broke. Years ago when I put my little poodle to sleep I thought I would never recover. You do but very slowly. Each day it will get better. Ozzi is in a better place right now. He is happy running free waiting for the day you both will be together again.

Again I am so sorry.

Debbie and Buster

Comment

Kevin, this is just the worst news. Ozzi was the luckiest fella in the world to have you. You helped him to live much, much longer than he would have with anyone else. I once got a sympathy card from a vet after having my cat euthenized, and the message was about allowing a pet into your heart knowing full well that you are likely to outlive it, but giving it all your love anyway.

It's the toughest thing when we have to finally say goodbye. I am so sorry for your loss.

~Rosey

Comment

Kevin,

Words fail me. We grieve with you.

Harry & Fergy.

Comment

Kevin, I am so sorry for your loss.

This is the 3rd time that I try and compose this post as I couldn't find the words to convey how I feel. My little man Buddy is diabetic but also has numerous other health problems. We don't know when the next crisis will come or if he will even survive it. The hardest decision is to make the decision to say goodbye to your furry friend who has given you unconditional love all these years.

I admire your love and devotion to Ozzy and the courage of your decision. I know it couldn't have been easy.

Take good care of yourself

Louise

Comment

We love you 2 Kevin. Stay close
                          Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Kevin,

I am so sorry for your loss, words just can't express

The Creation

When God had made the earth and sky
                            the flowers and the trees,
                            He then made all the animals
                            the fish, the birds and bees.

And when at last He'd finished
                            not one was quite the same.
                            He said, "I'll walk this world of mine
                            and give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide
                            and everywhere He went,
                            a little creature followed Him
                            until it's strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth
                            and in the sky and sea,
                            the little creature said, "Dear Lord,
                            there's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him,
                            "I've left you to the end.
                            I've turned my own name back to front
                            and called you dog, My friend."

Author Unknown

Dolly & Niki
                            Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Thank you Dolly...what a beautiful poem that is. I hadn't seen it before, and I appreciate you posting it.
                              Thank you,
                              Kevin
                              Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Ozzie's passing I started to cry when I read your post you have done everything possible to make Ozzie life pain free and as comfortable as possible when I lost my Lab Beau, at 12 yrs non diabetic ,I felt liked you do ,it takes time it will get easier but, Beau is always here with me in my thoughts always, and then I lost Nico a yr ago another non- diabetic 12 yrs., now they are together over the Bridge making friends with Ozzie. Baby is my diabetic lab and I worry every day she is 9 yrs old. I just wanted too let you know I am so sorry for your loss and you are in my thoughts it is so hard to lose your best friend.

Ida/Baby

Comment

Working...
                                X