New puppy in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New puppy in the house

Some of you may remember my thread call "Wolfie and Chuck, both diabetics" from last year. Of course we lost Wolfie, our 10-year-old miniature schnauzer in November and had to take care of other medical issues before we could consider caring for another dog. We had owned schnauzers for over 40 years so it was an easy decision to select a puppy from our favorite breed back in July. I had emailed Natalie with this info and she asked that I post this info along with a photo so here he is:

This is Willy, an all black mini who currently is a bit over 14 weeks old and is showing off the new schnauzer clip he got earlier this week. I have stayed in touch with Margaret Boyle and her schnauzer, Lucy, and check into the forum every day to see how all you folks are doing although I haven't contributed much.

-- Chuck Bjorgen (Dakotapix)

Re: New puppy in the house

Hey, Chuck! Just GREAT to see you back here! You should keep us posted on Willy! What a handsome boy he is!

Hope YOU are well also! I lost Kwali, then Kumbi, after you lost Wolfie - these losses really hit where it hurts, don't they! And, like you, I went on a search for another dog, but, unlike you, I ended an Era of the Australian Terrier - a bit shorter than your 40 years with Schnauzers - mine was 35 years. And I changed to Havanese, though only through the most ASTOUNDING bit of good luck - could never have acquired a "normal" one. Camellia was having a tough time, so her owner placed her with me (my huge luck).

You and Willy stay well, right? The age of 14 weeks should keep you plenty busy; haha!

Love and hugs from all of us,

Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:14:37 (PDT)
    http://www.coherentdog.org/
    CarolW

Comment

Oh my Chuck, what a handsome guy!! And what fun to have a puppy in the house again. Thanks for posting!
      Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Willy looks like a little doll! Congrats!

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Ah chuck, he is adorable!! What a sweetheart. I'm sure there are lots of loves and smiles going on at your house
          Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakotapix View Post
            Some of you may remember my thread call "Wolfie and Chuck, both diabetics" from last year. Of course we lost Wolfie, our 10-year-old miniature schnauzer in November and had to take care of other medical issues before we could consider caring for another dog. We had owned schnauzers for over 40 years so it was an easy decision to select a puppy from our favorite breed back in July. I had emailed Natalie with this info and she asked that I post this info along with a photo so here he is:

This is Willy, an all black mini who currently is a bit over 14 weeks old and is showing off the new schnauzer clip he got earlier this week. I have stayed in touch with Margaret Boyle and her schnauzer, Lucy, and check into the forum every day to see how all you folks are doing although I haven't contributed much.

-- Chuck Bjorgen (Dakotapix)

Hi Chuck and Sonia,

I am totally amazed at how much Willy resembles Lucy........you would think they were siblings.

He is a handsome boy I am so pleased for you and Sonia. You will have lots of fun with this wee chap.

I am on every day Chuck but I have not been posting a lot.

A lot going on with Lucy...... but I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel. It has been one thing after another but she is a wee trouper.

Nice to see you posting Chuck.

Hugs to you and Sonia and not forgetting "Willy"

Margaret
            Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

What a cutie!!!!

I don't know that I have the energy for a puppy! You're a brave soul!!

I'm also very glad to hear that your heart procedure went well. It's always good to hear from you.

Natalie

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                I saw you on and thought I'd ask how things were going with your pup
                Hope you all are well!
                Patty
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hi, Chuck. I'm new to the forum, but dearly love the pic of your new puppy! I owned a schnauzer years ago and really loved her. (Your Willy looks like a black version of my "Sweatheart.") Already thinking of getting one, and a mini would be nice. We don't feel it would be fair to our elderly dog to have a puppy in the house, so we're waiting. (And that decision was made b4 she was diagnosed with diabetes! Would never do that to her now.)

Pls keep us posted. I'd love to hear updates on Willy.
                  Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                  Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                  Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                  Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Thanks for your comments, Mary Lea and Patty. Willy seems to be doing very well at his current age of about 5 1/2 months. Of course he's a puppy with all the good and bad things that occur with puppies. I believe he's housebroken now with no accidents during the past six weeks. I started obedience training with him four weeks ago although now I'm wondering if he was too young for this. I wanted to get started though before winter sets in here in Minnesota.

The miniature schnauzer breed seems to be predisposed to all the health concerns that are discussed on this forum so this time around (Willy is our fifth schnauzer over a period of 40 years) I selected a breeder known for her careful choices of breeding pairs. Along with care in food choices and maintaining a healthy weight of my pup, I'm hoping I can avoid some of the pitfalls that affected my last dog, Wolf.

Good luck to all of you who are working with your diabetic dogs.

Comment

That's so great to hear!

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I'm another mini-schnauzer lover and I just had to tell you what a beautiful boy Willy is. Those little fuzzy faces are just irresistable aren't they? I'd always been told that schnauzers can get "snippy", but I firmly believe it's all in how your raise them. Our Gretel is so gentle and compliant - but NOT a lap dog for sure. Playing is her thing - actually her MAIN thing, no matter what time of the day or night.

I know what you mean about the different health issues that schnauzers can have, but in spite of that, if the time ever comes when I'm looking for another dog, I wouldn't heistate to get another one.

Good luck with Willy and have fun!

Carolyn
                        Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

Working...
                        X