Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently diagnosed

Hi my Yorkie Sam aged 10 was just diagnosed at
    The end of Sept we had him at the vets because his paws had become very dry and hard and where hurting him, vet says he had the look of a dog with cushings did we want a blood test done we had a call then to say the vet was surprised to find he has diabetes and possibly cushings so we had to start right away with injections 2 meals a day no snacks at all he is now in a bad way having had 4 visits to the vets and just last night a stay in hospital which hasn't brought his levels down but only stressed him and he wouldn't eat have been told to make him eat anything at all that he will eat for the past week he has been getting us panicked because in the morning and night he seems to lose all energy and can hardly move so we think hypo systems hence the amount of time at the vet but they have always said he is high
    Any help with this please

Re: Recently diagnosed

hi and welcome glad you found us

i was in a similar situation with my dog and decided to home test then do my own curves.

its important to know what the dogs blood sugar is before injecting insulin.

if its under 200/11mmol test until its over 200 then inject.

heres a link with more info

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

please post what food? how much? what insulin? how much? whats Sam,s weight?
    thanks
    Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 10-11-2021, 11:30 AM.
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Working...
    X