Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Dog Pip

How about A Pip Pip Pooray!
    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Oh thank goodness! I was really worried when we hadn't heard from you. Yes, a pip pip hurray!
      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

So glad to hear!! Hope he continues to do well!
        Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

You guys are really something! Thank you for all your good wishes. It is certainly day by day with Pip and I am grateful for each one. I think good wishes really work.

I put his leash on yesterday so he could stand outside in the front of the house. He thinks he's going for a walk with my other dog Newman. He doesn't make it far, but he seems to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by pgcor View Post
            You guys are really something! Thank you for all your good wishes. It is certainly day by day with Pip and I am grateful for each one. I think good wishes really work.

I put his leash on yesterday so he could stand outside in the front of the house. He thinks he's going for a walk with my other dog Newman. He doesn't make it far, but he seems to enjoy it.
            I'm so glad he is having some good days! We used to let our dog get in the back seat of the car, he'd think we'd gone for a ride when we never left the driveway, but he liked it! lol

I hope Pip has many more good days
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Glad that Pip is feeling better! Great news.

Comment

Love it..... so glad he has his good days.... hoping for many many more of those days.

Barb
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Oh, thank you for thinking of us. I'm a habitual reader, even if I don't post. I've learned a lot from this board. Pip is holding his own. He is eating better since that immunosuppressive drug was dropped.

I also read the shivering is a sign of nausea and not necessarily from a spiking fever. That makes sense to me since that drug can make them extremely nauseous.

In a nutshell:

When he eats....I'm happy. When he feels good....I feel good.

We love you guys!!!
                  We love you back , been thinking about you and our poor Pip, I hope he's feeling better.

Love ya Pam
                  Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

My Dog Pip has gone to the bridge. I'm heartsick. I can only thank all of you for the help and support you've provided to us over the past six years. You've all helped me treat him better than I ever could have without you.

I will always miss that little devil dog and will always be grateful that he passed his life with me. I loved him with everything I had and don't know what I'll do without him.

Comment

My Dog Pip has gone to the bridge. I'm heartsick. I can only thank all of you for the help and support you've provided to us over the past six years. You've all helped me treat him better than I ever could have without you.

I will always miss that little devil dog and will always be grateful that he passed his life with me. I loved him with everything I had and don't know what I'll do without him.
                      so sorry for your loss..they sure do become part of our life and our hearts..( hugs )
                      sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

oh pam its so difficult to let them go

you worked so hard to keep him safe and he had such a zest for life thats why he could go so long and do pretty good with his challenges

take care pip you will always have a place in our hearts
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Pam, I am so sorry. If love could keep them here, we would never lose them. You gave him a long and wonderful life.
                          Last edited by jebsmom; 08-30-2013, 08:23 AM.
                          Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about Pip. It is so hard to let them go.

You must have taken great care of him over all those years to keep him going with the diabetes for 6 years - and I'm sure he would have appreciated that even if he had a funny way of showing it (I looked back at your early descriptions of trying to test him).

Antonia
                            Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Pam,
                              I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Pip were such an inspiration. May you hold his feisty spirit close to your heart and may sweet memories of him live with you forever.

Holli
                              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh Pam... I just don't know what to say... I know that little Pip of yours will always be held close in your heart. Holding you tight, till you meet him again.

Barb
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X