Natalie's Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natalie's Chris

What a wonderful life you gave Chris and he gave you. And you continue to help so many dogs and people in his honor. I will forever be grateful to you.
    Glennys
    Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Thinking of you Natalie. Your legacy for Chris has helped so many... thankful for all that you do and Chris will never be forgotten.

Barb
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Remembering Chris and how you were able to meet his every need. It's amazing how time marches onward.

Miss you Chris and stories of you and 'hammies'. Say 'Hi' to my Crissy Ann too!

Hugs,
        Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Wishing Mr. Christopher a lovely cool roll in the grass and a hammie with bacon. Miss you big guy... saw a dog today who reminded me of you.

Natalie

Comment

Thinking of you Natalie - 7 years. Where does the time go... but they never stray to far from the mind, and never the heart.

Barb
            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Another year gone by... seems impossible that this forum could be eight years old and Chris gone eight years now.

We still talk about him all the time, if only to contrast Chris' tolerance of anything and everything in the world with Jack's somewhat less tolerant personality...

And Jack has now been to see Chris' wonderful cardiologist... bittersweet on multiple levels.

Since I've been volunteering at the shelter, we often talk about how lucky Chris was to make it out of a shelter given his severe congenital heart defect. My husband says that when he and his daughter went to look for a dog to adopt, the shelter worker tried to steer them in another direction but they had already seen Chris and wanted to meet him. He doesn't know if Chris was officially up for adoption or if they stumbled into the wrong area... Chris needed surgery a few months after he was adopted to survive. I hope the shelter would have performed it.

Fortunately, for Chris and for us, they met Chris, named him after the shelter worker who introduced them, and brought him home. And then gave him the lifesaving surgery he needed.

It would have been an incredible waste of a wonderful dog if he had not made it out of the shelter and we loved every minute we had with him.

Natalie

Comment

its funny to look back and see how everything unfolded that brought chris into the family

it was probably more of a gift for you guys even with all the other challenges but i am sure chris was extremely happy to find and go home with a caring family
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I will always remember Chris and hold his memory in my heart. He's right there with my Criss and Dinks.

Hugs to you Nat.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Same with me for Crissy....

Comment

Nat,

So sorry I let the anniversary of Chris's passing to slip by me. I will always remember your kindness and help and Chris's love of "sammies".

Comment

Very sweet of you Bonnie... as you know, Crissy Ann always had a special place in my heart!

On Facebook the other day I shared a line that says "I like about five people and 400-600 dogs on the internet I've never met!" - pretty close to true... though I liked all those dogs' people too!

Natalie

Comment

Oh my, Natalie, it's been ten years since Chris left us. I hope he's still having yummy 'hammies' at the Bridge. I pray that he and Criss will remember us.

Hugs,

Comment

It’s hard to believe... our Jack is turning 11 and getting to be a senior himself.

Comment

Its just amazing how time flies . A week seems like a day use to feel to me as life races by . You just want to slow it down and live in the moment while things race by us .

Happy birthday jack. You have had your challenges but your mom has taken good care of you and given you a wonderful dogs life
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hey Nat! I don’t get over here as often as I should, but I’m on the forum today and can’t resist wishing Jack a belated Happy Birthday!! Omigoodness, I can’t believe the years have flown by. Our “baby” Luna just turned ten yesterday, and I honestly don’t see how that’s possible, either. Lots of memories of days gone by, that’s for sure. We never forget our angels, but we’re so grateful for our beloved companions beside us today. Anyway, all best wishes to your birthday boy — and to you, too :-)))))))))

Marianne
                                Last edited by labblab; 08-30-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X