Making injections fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making injections fun!

My husband posted a vidio on youtube showing how much Tiggy likes her injections. It sure does help that she knows she'll get her favorite treat of duck jerky afterwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLHD7lbbbXg

Sandy and Tiggy

Re: Making injections fun!

That's awesome!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

That is adorable!

Comment

Too cute - I love how your other dog is excited about her getting her shot as well!
        Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

That's fantastic!!!
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

OMG - Great Video! So cute. Tiggy looks my son's dog Brewzer.

Comment

Very Cute!
              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

OMG..how incredibly cute she is! Love how she "sits pretty" when she runs over!

My Bella is VERY foodcentric and because I give her a liver treat after she is ALL over me to get her injection.

I keep the insulin vials in a lock and lock Rubbermaid container. The minute Bella hears the sides of the container flip open she bolts off her usual spot on the couch and comes tearing over and does her dance!

Gotta love it when they make it easy for you!

Comment

When I'd inject Kumbi, Kwali would HAVE to have her injections, too! Of course, they were fake - that is, empty syringe, and no actual needle-stick - but I went through the motions, anyway. It's illustrated in the pages in my signature.

I'm on dial-up, so watching videos takes forever, but I think I'll try to watch the one you mention, Sandy!

Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:46:18 (PDT)
                  http://www.coherentdog.org/
                  CarolW

Comment

Ah, what a GREAT video and a couple of incredibly beautiful dogs!

As I've mentioned before, some folks have had their other dogs get jealous of all the attention at shot time so their nondiabetic dogs got a pretend shot and a treat too so they could be part of the fun!

Natalie

Comment

Before Sydney became diabetic (and it was just Soaphie getting shots) she would stand there and prance around on her back feet, snorting and huffing and basically telling me "HURRY UP - WE WANT THAT TOMATO YOU GIVE US WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH THE SHOT!!!"

Dogs are hilarious....
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I just love it that our other baby gets so excited that Tiggy is getting a shot!
                        Sometimes she'll push Tiggy aside when I'm rolling the bottle (they hear it click against my rings and come running) as if to say "I'm first for the treat!"

Comment

Took me an hour to download your video, Sandy, and that was VERY much worth doing! I watched it four times, and if it weren't so late - hours past my bedtime, I'd watch it again!

Your handling is just superb. The taping is great, too!

WHAT A JOY - lovely to go to bed with your video running through my head!

Good night, all! THANKS for the joy!

Thu, 7 Apr 2011 22:55:37 (PDT)
                          http://www.coherentdog.org/
                          CarolW

Comment

Great video Sandy,

They both are so cute

Hugs

Margaret
                            Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the compliments!!! And CarolW, I feel honored that you approve of my handling of her.....In my mind I respect you as the dog whisperer on this board with all your knowledge about reading your dogs signs etc!!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                              X