X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!

Originally posted by bowens2 View Post
    Eileen, Carol, Brooke, Nibbles Mommy
    I'm right there with you. I actually enjoyed taking care of Monk. I miss it. I miss the struggle and the victories. The times when I basically thought that I had killed him and got on this message board in a panic or desparately trying to reach Natalie. I miss it all. I miss the good numbers and the bad. I pass the pharmacy and miss thinking oh yeh I have to get insulin or stopping in the vet every other week to pick up food or ear medication. Most of all I miss him. He was such a great little guy.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I often think I have sent Watson over the edge to the point of death, but he always bounces up and back and it amazes me. I am blessed to have a friend who just won't give up, and so neither will I. I do know though, that day will come, but hopefully further away than sooner. I have a friend who just lost their dog on Saturday, gets frightened easily by thunder and lightening and he took off from the yard and got hit by a car and died. So anyone losing a pup, a friend, right now is causing a lot of empathy to rise up in me. You seem to have a good outlook on the whole situation and I hope to be as strong as you when that times comes for me to face.

Peace - Roy and Watson
    Watson: 11 year old Lab mix. Diagnosed 4/5/2012. - Went up on Dose 8/10/12 to 18 U Humulin N 2 x day. Diet: Horizon Legacy, freeze dried "Stella and Chewy's," - Separately prepared food 3 tbs of butternut squash puree mixed with 2.5 tsp 4Life Transfer Factor supplement, Flaxseed Meal, steamed broccoli and green beans.

Comment

Mikey is doing much better. I will admit that I still cannot give him injections. I would need to be on tranquilizers. If you'll recall, the last time I tried to inject him, he tried to bite (which he never did before). So now, ex-hubby does the injection while I hold Mikey's leash and feed him a constant stream of cooked chicken or fish. He tolerates the injections well like this.

We still do not test his levels at home, and I don't plan to. I know some of you just fell out of your chairs. LOL I take him to the vet when they tell me to bring him in, and they do it. As long as he is out chasing squirrels and galloping backwards when he gets excited (a funny thing he does), I will leave well enough alone.

We are in the final stage of changing his food. The crappy Dog Chow that he was getting is only a small percent of what I give him, and in a couple of days, he will fully be changed over to Blue Buffalo Wilderness, to which I add cooked broccoli and green beans and canned pumpkin. Of course he also gets a bit of fresh cooked chicken or fish with the injections.

Right now Mikey is a happy camper and so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by bowens2 View Post
        Eileen, Carol, Brooke, Nibbles Mommy
        I'm right there with you. I actually enjoyed taking care of Monk. I miss it. I miss the struggle and the victories. The times when I basically thought that I had killed him and got on this message board in a panic or desparately trying to reach Natalie. I miss it all. I miss the good numbers and the bad. I pass the pharmacy and miss thinking oh yeh I have to get insulin or stopping in the vet every other week to pick up food or ear medication. Most of all I miss him. He was such a great little guy.
        I was thinking of you and Monk the other day Betty. hugs. Judi
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          So now, ex-hubby does the injection while I hold Mikey's leash and feed him a constant stream of cooked chicken or fish. He tolerates the injections well like this.

Right now Mikey is a happy camper and so am I.
          kudos to you and the ex! if Mikey is happy, you are doing it right!
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Haven't been posting lately, have some things going on at home. However, I do keep up with your posts. Sadie is doing well. She is taking a potassium pill since the bloodwork found that to be too low. She was just pacing and restless, so I checked her numbers and it was 123, which is low for her. She has done that before when her numbers are lower. So now I definitely know what signs to look for low numbers. Other than that, she is enjoying the air conditioned house during this heat wave in Connecticut. So for today, all is good!

Comment

Thanks Judi

Comment

Working...
              X