Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

Oh Rick! Thank you thank you thank you for the update and pics! I am so happy for "our" Lucy!

Just think, only about nine months ago she came really close to being euthanised for no good reason and now there she is all cozy in a comfy chair with her beautiful brown eyes and her pretty pink collar and her toys and in the arms of her very own people who love her so much that they would do anything and everything for her.

Next time you see Lucy and Dr. Dave and Connie (and I'm guessing that you will see them again ) please give Lucy a hug from me, her Canadian "Aunt", and please give Dr. Dave and Connie a hug from me too, if you can. I'm so glad that we found you and that you found them for Lucy and that they fell in love with her!

Sometimes, life is very good.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Interim CC

OMG, Lucy looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for updating us and thanks Cushy for the heads up. I am more than verklempt and I don't even know what that means.

Hey Rick, we (Jenna and I) have done adoption clinics at Petco in Anaheim Hills. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these weekends.

Last edited by Lulusmom; 09-29-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulusmom View Post
OMG, Lucy looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for updating us and thanks Cushy for the heads up. I am more than verklempt and I don't even know what that means.

Hey Rick, we (Jenna and I) have done adoption clinics at Petco in Anaheim Hills. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these weekends.
There is a whole group of people responsible for Lucy being where she's at today.

Everything happens for a reason. If I hadn't been laid off from my job I doubt I would have felt capable of taking her on.

Right now I am fostering a Cattle Dog/Border Collie mix for www.Love4canines.org. They are at the Anaheim Hills Petco every Saturday. Now that my foster Buddy has been neutered I'll be going up there as often as I can.

Rick
Old 09-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Hi rick,
Thank you so much for the pics and the update. It's so good to read some happy "tails". I am happy Lucy has a good forever home.

Quote:
Just think, only about nine months ago she came really close to being euthanised for no good reason and now there she is all cozy in a comfy chair with her beautiful brown eyes and her pretty pink collar and her toys and in the arms of her very own people who love her so much that they would do anything and everything for her.
And I do remember how close she came to being euthanised. You are her guardian angel You made my heart feel good today
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing the pictures Rick!!

LOL Lucy always looks like she's being held against her will when anyone tries to take a photo holding her! Like it's all she can do from bursting free and running around.

How's Buddy doing?

Natalie
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 AM

Default New photo...

I forwarded the Vetsulin recall info to Dave & Connie. Lucy is not on Vetsulin...and they sent me this new pic of Lucy. She always was a very serious girl, but is that a bit of a Cattle Dog grin?

Look at those eyes.... sniff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9diabetes View Post
How's Buddy doing?
Natalie
Buddy's doing great. I am going to declare him housetrained! No accidents in a long while.
He is doing great on our walks. He used to get really freaked out by traffic noise on Main St. but he's much better. We actually had a fire engine & ambulance go by with sirens blasting & he was pretty good about it.

He's really started participating in play with the other dogs, too. OMG... Buddy is one enormous klutz, tho!

We will probly be going up to the adoption event in Pamona the 14th.

Rick

Last edited by Fishslayer; 11-05-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

So sweet...and those beautiful, clear brown eyes
Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 AM

She's so beautiful!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator

There's our girl! She looks SO healthy! Remember how skinny she was when you first got her?

I'm glad to hear Buddy's doing well. I will have to go see if his adoption picture is up.

Natalie

... there he is!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=14794428
Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: New photo...

Lucy looks fabulous!!! What great eyes. I bet your proud Rick

Tags
rescue