Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Talking Peggys new adventure

To all my friends on the forum!

I have decided to go back to school full time, while working full time! We'll see how long I can keep up with this at my age. I am pursuing a degree in Humane Leadership which is non profit for animal rescue. It's what I want to do when I retire from the business world. Given that, I won't be contributing to the forum as much I typically do, but will dive in when I can. This is the best forum out there and want to continue to be a part of this great group of folks and furries. Just wanted to let you know!

Best

Peggy
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Peggys new adventure

Good luck in your new venture Peggy.

I went back to university for 12 years while working full time and I know what the demands are and the dedication required.

Most of all, congratulations for planning for an active retirement and dedicating it to such a worthwhile cause.

Louise
Old 06-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Arrow Re: Peggys new adventure

I went back to school too, but wasn't working full-time, so things were easier for me.

Peggy - we'll miss your steadiness here, but I think that's a great thing you're doing - and I wish you the very, vey best with your studies!

Do keep in mind that grad schools can have as much nonsense as do some forums on the Internet, so you will need to use your excellent discrimination to sort out the great from the wobbly; haha! In the end, I also learned that it can be useful to choose your courses according to who is teaching them! As you progress, you probably get more choices than you do in the beginning, and by that time, you'll probably have learned who the best teachers are [grin]

Should be a very fascinating couse of studies! Don't forget to enjoy yourself doing this stuff!

Tons of love and hugs, and Kwali, Kumbi and Camellia all say, Yay for you! - as they play with Forbin at the Bridge!

Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:53:04 (PDT)
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator

You are going to need a lot of caffeine! Already I have been thinking about all of the creatures who will benefit from your work.

Natalie
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Wow, Peggy! That's a lot to do at once! Good luck and it's awesome that you're looking to continue helping animals as you do here an the forum

You'll be missed here, but we're happy to share you with more animals

All the best to you!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Good luck! - if anyone can juggle both, I am sure you can. Now, even more creatures will benefit from your kindness and knowledge.
We will miss your active participation on this board, though.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 AM

What an awesome degree! You go girl!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Founding Member

What great news, Peggy! Good for you!

Bonnie and Angel Criss
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Best wishes on your new adventure! Right now, I'm doing well to handle part-time and retirement (with a special needs Yorkie).

Mary
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM

I wish you all the best of luck Peggy and good for you. Looking forward to hearing all about it.