Franklin has diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Franklin has diabetes

Awww. I too want a squeeze, and one of those kisses.
    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Little Franklin - what a star! I am so glad for you !

Hugs
      Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Such an exciting fun time for you and Franklin. I'm so happy all went well. Love the videos. Holli
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Franklin just had another recheck, and they're very happy with his progress Eye pressure was 11 in both eyes (which is very good) and they said the cone can come off on Tuesday or Wednesday. His next checkup is on Tuesday.

He's on 4 different kinds of eyedrops, prednefrin forte (anti inflammatory), voltaren optha (another anti inflam.) Ocuflox (anti biotic) and cosopt (to reduce pressure) they gave him an injection of anti biotics on the day of the surgery, and he's on a half tablet of rimadyl morning.and night.

I found out today I'm supposed to restrict his barking if possible he barked for the first time after the surgery yesterday, when a dog in a car went past barking, Franklin had to answer

That's where we're up to at this stage, with thanks from both of us, and love and hugs from me and snuggles and slurpy kisses from Franklin
          Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

yikes barking i guess seeing wont help with that

great news a wonderful gift you were able to give

hope things keep moving in a positive direction
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Good to hear Jane. I'm sure he'll be glad to get rid of the cone Tuesday. Sure is hard to curb barking!
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thanks so much Patty and jessegirl. I'll need to get a video of him peeking through a gap in the fence in the pup play area, so cute

Today is Franklin's 8th birthday, and his Nanny and Poppy gave him an elephant. I gave him a pink bunny that he so far has no interest in, so here's a video of the elephant. It's the first time he's really flung a toy around since the surgery
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9_A...e_gdata_player

Hugs and puppy kisses
                Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

happy birthday franklin your elephant looks like allot of fun my jesse turned 8 in October

have a great day
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                  Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

["]Happy 8th birthday Franklin!![/FONT]

I loved the video of him playing with his new elephant toy! He looks great. That last clip of him looking up at you .... It's just so fantastic that he can see again and that he is in great form and happy.
                    Am sure he will be glad to get that nasty collar off ASAP ! Although its not stopping him flinging the toys around

Hugs and lots of love to you both Xxxxxxxx
                    Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Happy Birthday Franklin! So playful even in the dreaded cone!
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Franklin!!
                        Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Happy Birthday Franklin!!!
                          What wonderful birthday presents!...a bunny, elephant, and successful eye surgery! Good luck with your checkup on Tuesday!
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Birthday, Franklin!

Jake
                            13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                            At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANKLIN!!!!! And many more to come!!!

Sandy

Comment

Happy Birthday Franklin!
                                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                                X