Angel Wrigley January 10, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help

I was exactly where you are right now - the emergency vet told me that Maggie was not responding to them at all and her liver was beyond recovery. She survived by a crazy miracle. I went to see her and she immediately tried to jump up and wag her tail. I think you should try to go see him and see for yourself. Seeing or hearing you guys might give him the extra fight he needs or he might indicate to you if he wants to keep going. I really believe that you guys have such a connection, you will know.

Please don't blame yourself - I have done that to myself many times but when I look back now, I realize that just isn't fair to expect that I could have foreseen the situation. You would have to be clairvoyant. My feeling is that these little babies are only loaned to us to make us better, more caring people. A dog's love is so perfect and pure that if we got to keep them forever, we might not appreciate that kind of devotion. Wrigley knows you haven't let him down.

I pray little Wrigley will recover - you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I was going to message Wrigley's family to check on him and noticed that they posted on his profile page that he did indeed have cancer and they released him from his suffering. I know the decision was so hard but it is the most unselfish thing that we can do for them.

Rest in peace, sweet Wrigley and run free!!
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Our little Boy Wrigley had to be put to sleep this morning.

It turned out he had a very aggressive Cancer. This whole event only took 12 Days, from when we first noticed that he was having accidents in the House at night.

We hurt like we have never hurt before. Everywhere we look, and go, reminds us of Wrigley.

I suppose only God knows why we were only given 8 Years with this incredible Dog.

THANK YOU everyone for your wisdom, and compassion.

Please give your Dog a Hug today, and remember this only lasts a short time

God bless all of us "Dog people"!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about Wrigley
          Our time with them is precious, and will never be enough. Wrigley was a very lucky boy to spend those 8 years with such caring owners. Sending warm hugs your way.
          You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers,
          Audrey & Bazzle
          Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Re: Angel Wrigley January 10, 2014

Oh no... I'm so very sorry. Your deep love for Wrigley came through in just a few posts. I know how much you hurt and I know that Wrigley had a wonderful life with you - he would thank you for that if he could.

If you would like to tell us more about your life with Wrigley, please do. You and Wrigley became part of the family in just a few days.

Sending a kiss skyward to Wrigley,

Natalie

Comment

So sorry to here the passing of your Wrigley.

Run free Wrigley
              Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
              20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP little Wrigley.

Carol & Milo

Comment

So sorry to hear Wrigley passed. It's apparent he was a much loved member of your family.

My deepest condolences to you & yours, and Godspeed to Wrigley.
                  Last edited by farrwf; 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so so sorry.
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Wrigley.

Jake
                      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

It's difficult to fight so hard to try to get them well only to lose them in the end. May knowing Wrigley is now pain free bring you a small bit of peace during the difficult days ahead. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Holli
                        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

So sorry for the loss of your Wrigley, how strong you are let him go
                          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

So very sorry to hear about your Wrigley.

Lifting you up,
                            Patty
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Your love and devotion for Wrigley did indeed bring him into the family here, in just a few days, and I would love to read more about him, if and when you feel able to tell us something about his life with you.

I know too well the pain of loss of canine (and feline) companions; my last losses were Kwali and Kumbi, Australian Terriers. Wrigley is a relative of theirs, of course, being a Yorkie.

Keep that hole in your heart open, because when you least expect it, Wrigley will come and hover and dance in it, and talk to you.

With deepest condolences; I am so very sorry for your loss.
                              http://www.coherentdog.org/
                              CarolW

Comment

Originally posted by Wrigley View Post
                                Our little Boy Wrigley had to be put to sleep this morning.

It turned out he had a very aggressive Cancer. This whole event only took 12 Days, from when we first noticed that he was having accidents in the House at night.

We hurt like we have never hurt before. Everywhere we look, and go, reminds us of Wrigley.

I suppose only God knows why we were only given 8 Years with this incredible Dog.

THANK YOU everyone for your wisdom, and compassion.

Please give your Dog a Hug today, and remember this only lasts a short time

God bless all of us "Dog people"!
                                I was sadden to read this post, and I am so sorry for your loss. It is never enough time, I wish, that they could live forever. Take solace in knowing that you gave him a good life, and you were blessed to have him part of your family.

Barb
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X